• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feliks

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully done leather pants? I've been tempted lately.

I thought these Margielas that were on Grailed were cool:

wV1WF2vNRzeOJiKLborr

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully done leather pants? I've been tempted lately.

@jischwar is correct i do rock leather pants. i actually just copped my second pur.

i can say that i successfully put them on my legs. but if success is defined by the consignment of many anonymous men on the internet, i cannot confirm.

i’ve avoided black so it’s not as leather daddy forward. i have the y-2 indigo and just picked up an rmc medium brown that appears pigment finish. both horsehide.

i like them for dry 60F weather. my wife likes them a lot too and encouraged the second pair. :)

Trit

Reaction score
@jischwar is correct i do rock leather pants. i actually just copped my second pur.

i can say that i successfully put them on my legs. but if success is defined by the consignment of many anonymous men on the internet, i cannot confirm.

i’ve avoided black so it’s not as leather daddy forward. i have the y-2 indigo and just picked up an rmc medium brown that appears pigment finish. both horsehide.

i like them for dry 60F weather. my wife likes them a lot too and encouraged the second pair. :)

Cool. I was looking at a Y-2 pair myself, in camel. Seems like it's got a fit similar to the jeans I already wear and isn't tight. What's your thoughts on the waist sizing? The site I'm looking at says a size 32 is only a 30.5 inch true waist. Is that possible? I want a real 32" waist.

Also, the indigos look insane but are so expensive. These are the ones I'm contemplating.

leather pants.jpg

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Cool. I was looking at a Y-2 pair myself, in camel. Seems like it's got a fit similar to the jeans I already wear and isn't tight. What's your thoughts on the waist sizing? The site I'm looking at says a size 32 is only a 30.5 inch true waist. Is that possible? I want a real 32" waist.

Also, the indigos look insane but are so expensive. These are the ones I'm contemplating.

View attachment 1957753

nice. those are cool. im guessing youre looking at the shop. i think TJ has a bunch of youtube videos on sizing and info on em. i actually copped mine second hand on y! auctions before they arrived at the shop. youre right they are expensive so i needed a lower barrier to entry since i wasnt a believer at the time.

i sized up to a 31 since they were close to the measurements to my size 29 ih 888s. I think TJ even says to size up 2 so im guessing you’d want a 34, but check out their youtube and even reach out to them. He’s super helpful.

Indigos just look like 5 pocket straight leg jeans from a distance. It’s not until people get up close do they ask if they are leather.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

frushez

Reaction score
Had this jacket on my 'moodboard' for a long, long time, stumbled across this one at a flea market here in Germany and couldn't believe my luck.

If anyone has any info on these jackets, I'd love to hear more. No tags etc inside. I'm guessing it's 1940s and horse hide? ZIPP's all round. Western style back with a belt cinch.

R0005226.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question to ask. I wash/dried my goat leather jacket, then conditioned it with saphir renonateur. After getting caught in the rain, it stained up like this.

Any advice of what to do? I was thinking about using Bick 4, that might get rid of it, condition it, and protect the leather?

20230517_200955.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question to ask. I wash/dried my goat leather jacket, then conditioned it with saphir renonateur. After getting caught in the rain, it stained up like this.

Any advice of what to do? I was thinking about using Bick 4, that might get rid of it, condition it, and protect the leather?

View attachment 1959837
I'm not 100% certain what it will do in that case but Bick 4 is pretty mild stuff. Test it somewhere unobtrusive first. I've used it on vintage jackets with no problems at all. No residue and very little color change/darkening.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain what it will do in that case but Bick 4 is pretty mild stuff. Test it somewhere unobtrusive first. I've used it on vintage jackets with no problems at all. No residue and very little color change/darkening.

Ya I use it on shoes all the time, it's super mild, so no harm in trying it.

I'm really trying to avoid using saddle soap or something on the jacket. I've been wearing it as-is, a bit if an authentic vintage look

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads