• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of vintage jackets used to have this corduroy section at the back of the inner corner to help minimize this problem. It would be nice to see it back.

My Thedi has this. I assume this is what you are talking about.

Totally modern jacket, but with a lot of throwback in the design.

IMG_1132.jpeg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! That’s one style. Another was a sort of retractable knit that certain 50s makers favored.

G Khan

Reaction score
Just took delivery of Vanson x Butterscotch team jacket. Wow...great jacket for the money. Fits great and very impressed with the quality.

Attachments

• Butterscotch x Vanson 1.jpg
    Butterscotch x Vanson 1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Butterscotch x Vanson 3.jpg
    Butterscotch x Vanson 3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 163

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of Vanson x Butterscotch team jacket. Wow...great jacket for the money. Fits great and very impressed with the quality.
Got mine two weeks ago. Easily the best specs I've seen on a raglan style bomber. The hidden armor pouch and lining make for a great discreet place to store stuff.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monster of a rainbow country. Definitely going in the keep pile. 1.2mm aniline hh. Feels kind of like bending clay haven't had that since my truman boots.

View attachment 1938507
My favorite jacket pattern tbh. If my 1st jacket option doesn't pan out this year when I visit Japan, this is the next in line that I hope fits haha.

suedefetish

Reaction score
My favorite jacket pattern tbh. If my 1st jacket option doesn't pan out this year when I visit Japan, this is the next in line that I hope fits haha.
I like it a lot. I'd prolly pick a plain back if I were doing it from scratch but buying used you take what you can get sometimes. It's wool lined throughout and I'm curious how that will be lol.

Moostyle

Reaction score

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confirming my sense of taste here: These are a bad fit, imho. Agree or disagree?

View attachment 1938665 View attachment 1938667

Strongly agree.

Some of the British leather jacket designs were designed to be long: the 1970s ones in particular, like the Lewis Lightning. These 1950s straight zip ones are very much designed to be a cropped fit. They just look wrong when they're stretched out like this.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52