• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Link-of-time

Reaction score
That's pretty
It was a sizing gamble for the arm length but it's not TOO bad. The deer is super comfy from the first second. I'm finding HH to not really be my jam for leather jackets. I may try steerhide at some point to see if it's a nice in between in terms of stiffness.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a sizing gamble for the arm length but it's not TOO bad. The deer is super comfy from the first second. I'm finding HH to not really be my jam for leather jackets. I may try steerhide at some point to see if it's a nice in between in terms of stiffness.
Was it in stock or custom order? Not all HH is the same. I have some Blattwerk HH on a Simmons Bilt and it is super soft and pliable. Steerhide, ime, will be noticeably heavier in weight

mandrbeck

Reaction score
I got this one off eBay. It was a custom job that looked brand new when it got to me. The pics do not do it justice.

Attachments

• 1383C87E-603A-4255-8504-2DF3B842819B.jpeg
    1383C87E-603A-4255-8504-2DF3B842819B.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 3D82FD9B-A1EA-4A1D-97CD-A4345C2EDA85.jpeg
    3D82FD9B-A1EA-4A1D-97CD-A4345C2EDA85.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 126

mandrbeck

Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure. I’d have to go back through my messages, but you are probably correct. I suspect it was custom fit from a stock model that the buyer didn’t pick up. You would have to contact G&H to know for sure.

Link-of-time

Reaction score
Was it in stock or custom order? Not all HH is the same. I have some Blattwerk HH on a Simmons Bilt and it is super soft and pliable. Steerhide, ime, will be noticeably heavier in weight
The HH jacket I have is a Y2 and I really like it but I'm not sure if I'd buy another. I think I'm just gonna have to take a trip somewhere to try on a bunch of things in person before my next purchase.

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
McCoys Disfarmer. I think it's an older jacket with product number.
  • MJ18118
I know McCoys has a new deerskin jacket based on the 30s Nelson coming out at some point.

Pattern looks identical to Nelson. If Nelson is in deerskin then only difference will be that Disfarmer runs slightly small and Nelson true to size. Is that correct assumption?

Link-of-time

Reaction score
Pattern looks identical to Nelson. If Nelson is in deerskin then only difference will be that Disfarmer runs slightly small and Nelson true to size. Is that correct assumption?

I would say that is correct. Along with the sleeves on this pattern being longer. I believe McCoy's is regrading a lot of patterns right now(like the model 220 A2) so I assume the one used for this Disfarmer to be gone/retired.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad