• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
I’m a huge Rickson fan, but there is definitely not a standard “Rickson sizing” as they keep that accurate to original patterns unless otherwise stated. Make sure to check the sizing notes at HPA or otherwise check out the garment.
I understand.. tried to my homework the best I could ;)

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, waiting for you to buy something I really want so I can buy it off you afterwards. Might I interest you in an FCL Eric (size 40) or a Mister Freedom Stallion (38 I think)?

FCL Eric, you say? Hmmmmm.

I might break my no-buy if his next J-100 fits too big.

You're in luck. My new size 40 comes in on Tuesday, straight from Real McCoy's UK itself.

Can I interest you in buying a home in the Bay Area?

Measurements?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers! Interesting, I tend to straddle between 36 and 38, 38 is definitely more comfortable

Right but it all depends on the jacket that they’re reproducing. They don’t really reinterpret the sizing for small Japanese men the way RMC does. And then with measurements you need to be aware that some linings will lower the space inside, etc. This is why I find HPA’s sizing tips invaluable.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Right but it all depends on the jacket that they’re reproducing. They don’t really reinterpret the sizing for small Japanese men the way RMC does. And then with measurements you need to be aware that some linings will lower the space inside, etc. This is why I find HPA’s sizing tips invaluable.
I must admit that is why I tend to prefer BR outerwear to RMC, like reproduction and reinterpretation.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't need to say this, but don't take sizing advice from a guy who has torn his leather jacket due to undersizing. Twice.
Trust me, I wasn’t planning on it.

To answer @Understatesman….yes, I am fat. But the jacket also fits my shoulder and chest measurements as close as I can get without just going full bespoke. And I don’t have a complex about it. I like the jacket, I will enjoy it.

Someone on here suggested that the overall length may be a little long. I’m 5’5” pretty much all jackets off the rack are a little long, I’ve just accepted it.
So I'm asking expert interneters here for help. How can I find my former grail jacket? I owned it about 10 years ago for several years until it got drenched and ruined one particularly heavy rainy night in NYC. I want another so bad.
I am struggling to believe you’re not trolling at this point. You have gone through many very fine jackets, several of which fit well and now you want to find a copy of that extremely ugly jacket which did not fit you?

I am just utterly perplexed by where this saga is heading.
Yeah we need a Bay Area meet up. I'm down
I got family in the Bay Area I’ve been meaning to see, I am down for a meet up sometime next year!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@upsett1_spaghett1 i love the first part of what you wrote.

wear your clothes and enjoy them. You can’t always have perfection. Accepting ones body is super important and no not everything will sit like it does on a model, oh well.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a few bomber style leather jackets, now looking for something in a field jacket style - possibly suede - any suggestions?

Last edited:

D-A-I

Reaction score
Have a few bomber style leather jackets, now looking for something in a field jacket style - possibly suede - any suggestions?
I know Falcon Garment does one, and this color is really pretty:
1630776369651.png

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drake’s has a great looking suede chore coat.

Or there’s this, which looks pretty awesome.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrylB