Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. 951socal

951socal Senior member

50 is gonna be a rare size in Japan -
    thats not true, i'm Japanese and i wear a 50. i had no issues buying 40" chest clothing in japan either
    /fa/ is the pinnacle of well-dressed men.
    not at all, but they frequently post this guy/girl (somebody said he was transgendered? idk if thats true) uncontrol in fake WAYWT threads where everyone proceeds to laugh at him, i think i remember some leopard print vest (my response to that was a kim kardashian obssessed trashy rachel zoe inspired outfit) , and i distinctly remember him holding a woman's hand bag in a few pictures which accounted for a hundred replies of laughs

3. bows1

bows1 Senior member

thats not true, i'm Japanese and i wear a 50. i had no issues buying 40" chest clothing in japan either

Yeah but you have no idea what you are talking about.

4. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Yeah but you have no idea what you are talking about.
    im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz, and are very aware of what goes on in the used marketplace in SZ. so they are involved in flipping leathers on yahoo.co.jp as well. what is the source of this odd assumption that you guys have, Japanese people can't read or speak English? I didn't learn english here in the US...

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

not at all, but they frequently post this guy/girl (somebody said he was transgendered? idk if thats true) uncontrol in fake WAYWT threads where everyone proceeds to laugh at him, i think i remember some leopard print vest (my response to that was a kim kardashian obssessed trashy rachel zoe inspired outfit) , and i distinctly remember him holding a woman's hand bag in a few pictures which accounted for a hundred replies of laughs

you know it might be funny as shit to poke fun at him, but I can't get over the fact that most of 4chans base are people that read mangas all day so what am I to expect from them?

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz, and are very aware of what goes on in the used marketplace in SZ. so they are involved in flipping leathers on yahoo.co.jp as well.

man, are you making this shit up as you get to it, or what?

7. 951socal

951socal Senior member

man, are you making this shit up as you get to it, or what?

you;
    Japanese people are ignorant to the fact that Americans buy and sell julius leathers often times at profit in smaller sizes since they do not speak english or visit american websites

Me:
    thats bullshit.

you:
    a size 50 is a rare size in japan

me:
    bullshit its a pretty common size

you:
    are you making this up as you go along?

me:
    im simply pointing out that you're pigeon holing a diverse culture due to some preconceived notion supported by what little interaction you have wiith the culture from browsing an auction site.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz
    lmao
    i'm a heterosexual white dude with a huge dick and /fa/ is really horrible

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

LOL an Asian on LS1 Tech? Is your car lowered on Tein S-tech springs with Volk replicas?

10. 951socal

951socal Senior member

LOL an Asian on LS1 Tech? Is your car lowered on Tein S-tech springs with Volk replicas?
    haha i sold my trans am awhile back, not much just bolt-ons with spray. traded it for a chevelle, now im in a little honda which is lowered [​IMG] Still looking for a clean terminator to pick up though. a nice '03 cobra would ran me damn near $100,000 back home get one for less than a third of the price here its ridiculous

11. impolyt_one

you;
    Japanese people are ignorant to the fact that Americans buy and sell julius leathers often times at profit in smaller sizes since they do not speak english or visit american websites

Me:
    thats bullshit.

you:
    a size 50 is a rare size in japan

me:
    bullshit its a pretty common size

you:
    are you making this up as you go along?

me:
    im simply pointing out that you're pigeon holing a diverse culture due to some preconceived notion supported by what little interaction you have wiith the culture from browsing an auction site.

lol, what the fuck are you talking about at this point?

You said:
    "im alluding to the fact that most Japanese people are well aware of this site and sz,"

Reality says: styleforum ranks as the 53,872nd most popular site in Japan-
    http://webku.jp/www.styleforum.net

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

A couple of the Japanese CCP/Rick/etc sellers use SZ picture and sure, some peeps over there are aware of the site. Not sure you can generalize much more than that.

As for ToJ jackets well I have never handled them and can't vouch for/against the quality, however I don't see them as targeting the same demographic and style has RO/Julius/whatever. There is a good reason I buy RO and not ToJ and it has nothing to do with a lack of confidence w. ToJ, I'm just looking for something else. The overlap is mainly with people who are a little bit unsure about the style they want and just look for a "cool leather jacket". I could see a guy wearing slacks and a ToJ, not so with say Julius.

13. oldmanskin

oldmanskin Well-Known Member

Margiela covered zip. So cool, isn't it? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

A couple of the Japanese CCP/Rick/etc sellers use SZ picture and sure, some peeps over there are aware of the site. Not sure you can generalize much more than that.

that's about it, man, but it's about as tenuous as the time somebody on a European ebay used a picture of me on an auction for a Bless coat. Google image search is everyone's friend, I guess.

socal955 is making it sound like the Japanese are adept at understanding English language fashion forums and are active users of styleforum and stylezeitgeist, and that size 50 is common - come on, man. You have to be trolling.

15. impolyt_one

Margiela covered zip. So cool, isn't it? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Is sq arguing in favor of, or against new Margiela this week?