• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past EG has done collabs with Golden Bear in maybe half a dozen styles. I tried on a suede bomber in Nepenthes about 10 years ago, was really nice but around $1k at the time, a little too much for me but it certainly looked good with EG. You could probably find one secondhand.

I think it depends on what colors/patterns you're looking at. That's a pretty wide range you're describing. ("wearing over sweater with jeans/trousers" doesn't cojure images of most of those brands below.)

Who makes the best leather jacket that goes with brands like: Kaptain Sunshine, Naissance, Fujito, Sage De Cret, Inis Meain, EG, Visvim, Camoshita, Evan Kinori, etc?
I was thinking addict leathers, but not sure if that brand is too repro...

I would mostly wear it in fall/winter over like a sweater with jeans/trousers.

No budget so give me recommendations!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ericleavitt Lewis Leathers is another good choice. They have a several variations on DR and you can get black horse or sheepskin (their leathers are not tea core, which could be a plus or a minus depending on what you want). The horse is not super heavy. Doubt the sheepskin is either.

You are MTO with them, so you can pick stuff like lining and zipper tape color too, and you send them some measurements and they pick your size and adjust for body/sleeve length. They sized me pretty well off of measurements I had my alterations tailor take following their sheet.

I guess one negative for lewis is the logo patch on the front. I don't mind that. You could ask for them to leave it off. Don't know what their answer would be.

I think I prefer Lewis to Addict personally, but YMMV.

Edit: Also maybe you want to consider a collared center zip jacket rather than a DR? Might be easier to wear.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can already taste the apres ski fondue. A Cucinelli-centric fit, just for fun.

img_2993-jpg.1259888

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past EG has done collabs with Golden Bear in maybe half a dozen styles. I tried on a suede bomber in Nepenthes about 10 years ago, was really nice but around $1k at the time, a little too much for me but it certainly looked good with EG. You could probably find one secondhand.

I think it depends on what colors/patterns you're looking at. That's a pretty wide range you're describing. ("wearing over sweater with jeans/trousers" doesn't cojure images of most of those brands below.)

I don’t expect it to look good with everything haha. My style I would say is a mix between IVY and Workwear with an asian twist (Japanese/Korean brands).

So I would wear like a black DR over like a Inis Meain/Camoshita Turtleneck, and a pair of like orslow 107s or A pair of like wool pants from like EG or A pair of East pants from Sage De Cret and a pair of like common projects or Viberg derbies.

I don’t wear EG how it’s intended?I’m not into the huge anti-fit silhouette, because I take pride in my body and I’m fairly muscular so I like to show it off in a subtle way.

my biggest inspiration would probably be PenanceRoyalTea. If that gives you a hint as to how I may style something.

I don’t think I’d like an EG collab leather tbh... I mostly like EG for the Workshirts, pants, bomber jackets/bedfords, and that’s about it...

I had a nonnative double rider in brown a few years back that I got off of here but it was a size 1 and it didn’t fit me back then so I sold it, and I’m probably a size 3 or 4 now, and I doubt I’ll ever find that jacket again.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a black DR with looser trousers is a cool look. a black DR is pretty ubiquitous at this point and you’ll look fine in most brands . Just have to find one you can try on in person preferably and see if it works/fits.

boxdok

Reaction score
I really Want a James Grose leather. Anyone knows if No Man Walks Alone plans to stock any new models this year. they are the only stockist here in the USA

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I would wear like a black DR over like a Inis Meain/Camoshita Turtleneck

I take pride in my body and I’m fairly muscular so I like to show it off in a subtle way.

Wear your knits 2 sizes smaller and get the DR 1 size smaller and you'll be showing them gains... subtly.

If you're looking to subtly show your muscles while wearing a leather jacket, I can only think how uncomfortable that can get.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear your knits 2 sizes smaller and get the DR 1 size smaller and you'll be showing them gains... subtly.

If you're looking to subtly show your muscles while wearing a leather jacket, I can only think how uncomfortable that can get.
No, I just meant I don’t like wearing the huge **** that EG sometimes puts on. I Fill out size large nicely for Japanese brands. That’s not what I meant... I would never want my leather jacket too tight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads