• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stock jacket is $890 from Aero with the current conversion rate- so no not that much

Just checked and mine cost $1200 through Thurston

Carrie quoted me 1099.99 for a board racer, $125 extra for vicenza, $40 extra per pocket, 30 for fit jacket, lining $40-75

After all that I was at approx $1375

So yes not 1500 but still up there.

Atm I simply don’t need a border racer but if I do end up getting one some point I think I can just send in the measurements of my iron heart :p

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I had more biceps room...found this brand new RO Stooges for under $900 CAD. 787A3C20-9C30-4A84-9110-7D0805A0814F.jpeg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wear any Rick jackets anymore almost entirely because of bicep room (and to a smaller extent because of shoulder room). And that's going a full size up already.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wear any Rick jackets anymore almost entirely because of bicep room (and to a smaller extent because of shoulder room). And that's going a full size up already.

I'm between 48 and 50 across many (MMM, FG etc) and same issue as you. Wearing size 50 in that pic..****.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's basically what BBS et al do with their jackets, right?

I read an interview with Ken who owns Aero. He mentioned a similar technique when they made a jacket for LVC. They wet the sleeves and bent them at the elbow for a few weeks. I didn’t use water and it seems to be working and fairly harmless.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snakeoilprovisions has 15% off sitewide. They have a few leather jackets available, including an Iron Hearts horsehide cafe racer, a few Schotts and one flat head.

Thats a good deal, i bought my self edge version during black friday at 15% off...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads