• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe I just to wear it and break the sucker in. Maybe if I get it wet, do some major massaging, etc., it will soften up.

I love the craftsmanship, quality and look of the jacket, just feel that the leather is heavy and stiff.

High quality suede is an option...

I can testify that Aero goat suede is off the chain...seriously good...

Also, don't write off Schott either. I actually feel that they are on par with Aero.

Schott will make you a custom jacket too you just have to pay a fee.

Lemme get this straight you feel Aero Vincenza is too stiff?

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just kopped this shearling from Todd Snyder. Got a great price too. I like shearling for winter but wasn't sure I could pull off the contrasting collar vs body look, so the all black kinda ticks the boxes for me.. It's shearling without drawing too much attention..

it's been sold out for the last two days and I happened to check today and they had it in my size.. destiny I suppose. All the recent shearling talk on NMWA really got me started down the rabbit hole..

LT647788-BK01_1024x1024.jpg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are re-igniting my Addict-Clothes addiction. That IS a good price BTW, someone should nab it. Quality of Addict is better than JG in my opinion, but then again the price is reflective

I'm not mad at this jacket from Clutch Cafe.. (sheepskin and all..)

View attachment 1130101

I LOVE that Clutch one. I figure if you're gonna rock a DR in 2019, no harm in going a bit bolder with the details, right?

walds11

Reaction score
I can testify that Aero goat suede is off the chain...seriously good...

Also, don't write off Schott either. I actually feel that they are on par with Aero.

Schott will make you a custom jacket too you just have to pay a fee.

Lemme get this straight you feel Aero Vincenza is too stiff?

You mean Aero goatskin? Is it lighter in weight that the Vicenza HH?

I have my eye on the Schott Cowhide Casual Racer Leather jacket, style 654. I handled the 654VN (vintaged version) in Nordstrom and thought it was a nice jacket. Definitely a little lighter and softer than the Vicenza HH.

Yes, too stiff...and heavy jacket overall.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean Aero goatskin? Is it lighter in weight that the Vicenza HH?

I have my eye on the Schott Cowhide Casual Racer Leather jacket, style 654. I handled the 654VN (vintaged version) in Nordstrom and thought it was a nice jacket. Definitely a little lighter and softer than the Vicenza HH.

Yes, too stiff...and heavy jacket overall.

Well, if Vincenza is too stiff then stay away from Horween FQHH...lol...like leather armor...

Yes, Aero has both goatskin suede AND regular leather.

I would recommend you ask Carrie for a sample of both.

walds11

Reaction score
Well, if Vincenza is too stiff then stay away from Horween FQHH...lol...like leather armor...

Yes, Aero has both goatskin suede AND regular leather.

I would recommend you ask Carrie for a sample of both.

10-4 on the Horween FQHH.

I only saw goatskin leather listed on their website.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

If goatskin is considerably thinner and lighter than Vicenza HH, then it’s a viable option for me.

I plan on reaching out to Carrie about it.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe I just to wear it and break the sucker in. Maybe if I get it wet, do some major massaging, etc., it will soften up.

I love the craftsmanship, quality and look of the jacket, just feel that the leather is heavy and stiff.

High quality suede is an option...

Exactly how I feel about FQHH. I’m constantly fighting against it, especially while driving.

ELMC otoh, is like a cardigan in comparison.

chim

Reaction score
Ok guys. Addict AD-03 in Goat - how does the sz 38 fit? the measurements look huge - 45cm shoulder to shoulder, 51cm pit to pit. That’s more of an american medium? I wear sz 46 in SLP leathers (or 48 with room to layer) and fit an Amiri Small in their leather rider jacket with room to layer; will this fit with room to layer it is it oversized?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still into dark artisanal and 5 zips haha.

I am out of the dark artisanal game, but I just ordered a black 5zip one size up as I was becoming big guy in little coat in my existing one. Might get a suede 5zip in fat size too. 5zip works for me. So timeless/classic, also very classic/timeless.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another thought on Addict and sheepskin and a return to the brand story that gave us so much jollity just a short time ago.

In so much as Addict's reference is British jackets, and very specifically Lewis Leathers as far as I can tell, there's clearly a tradition of using sheepskin there. Lewis still does. They offer horse and sheep in an array of colors. Just two cow options I think. Don't know what the history of this is exactly and the only thing I know about slides is that they have them at the playground and water park, but sheepskin (and not lamb... I'm guessing there's a bit of a difference there) is clearly a British thing that Addict is referencing.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel about FQHH. I’m constantly fighting against it, especially while driving.

ELMC otoh, is like a cardigan in comparison.

Okay, I will take that terribly stiff FQHH jacket off your hands...at no cost.

Just Box it up and send it to me. But you must act quickly.

I am here for moral support...glad I could help.

Cheers!

:hide:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A heavy leather jacket that wears like chitinous exoskeleton is not for everyone. If it ain’t working, move it on and get what works for you. There are many great alternatives.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am out of the dark artisanal game, but I just ordered a black 5zip one size up as I was becoming big guy in little coat in my existing one. Might get a suede 5zip in fat size too. 5zip works for me. So timeless/classic, also very classic/timeless.

Looking to sell the previous side zip?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I will take that terribly stiff FQHH jacket off your hands...at no cost.

Just Box it up and send it to me. But you must act quickly.

I am here for moral support...glad I could help.

Cheers!

:hide:

A heavy leather jacket that wears like chitinous exoskeleton is not for everyone. If it ain’t working, move it on and get what works for you. There are many great alternatives.

I'm not ready to give up just yet on the FQHH Cafe Racer :). I just find myself reaching for the midweight HH more often, which is why the Aero isn't breaking in as quickly.

Vicious circle:

1. The heavy jacket needs more wear to break in and be more comfortable.
2. The heavy jacket isn't as comfortable as the midweight jacket so I don't wear it as often :brick:

I think it speaks to the fact that Eastman's Italian HH is some amazing stuff. Substantial and thick but amazingly comfortable right away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads