• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are re-igniting my Addict-Clothes addiction. That IS a good price BTW, someone should nab it. Quality of Addict is better than JG in my opinion, but then again the price is reflective

I'm not mad at this jacket from Clutch Cafe.. (sheepskin and all..)

View attachment 1130101

JG is exceptional imo. It’s probably my most well constructed jacket. I wouldn’t pay the upcharge on Addict for quality difference alone.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any American James Grose stockists other than NMWA?
Was disappointed the Grose preorder was only for shearling this year.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe so. The store says returns are accepted as long as it's back in 10 days. And not for store credit either.

Stil on the fence, though. I mean, this pic from behind shows it to be fine. The shoulder width is pretty dead on, to be honest.

collage.jpg

And just for ***** and giggles, here's a side by side by with Falcon DR.

IMG_3339.jpg

Last edited:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe so. The store says returns are accepted as long as it's back in 10 days. And not for store credit either.

Stil on the fence, though. I mean, this pic from behind shows it to be fine. The shoulder width is pretty dead on, to be honest.

View attachment 1130673

View attachment 1130669
FWIW, I think it looks great as is.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any American James Grose stockists other than NMWA?
Was disappointed the Grose preorder was only for shearling this year.
Do you know your size in the jacket you want to pre-order? If so, shoot us an email and we can figure out a way to add yours to our order

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To me, the fit looks good as long as it's not zipped. Once zipped though, it looks like you wouldn't be able to sit down without unzipping and as you say, probably couldn't reach your pockets if you needed to. Personally I'd size up one and compare the two in store.

Superglu

Reaction score

View attachment 1130673

View attachment 1130669

The Falcon fits a lot better.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the jacket on the right is a size too small for you. It's also a good example of how sizing down can make a person look heavier than they are. The jacket on the right looks like it can barely be closed; the jacket on the left looks fine and is a much more flattering, even slimming silhouette.

IMG_3339.jpg

Last edited:

gong

Reaction score
i think the FCL fits fine. it's horse so it's probably quite stiff, which wouldn't help the drape.

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in my Aero BR today, and it's better than I could have expected.

Fit is spot on, and the FQHH is incredible.

Curious if you sized up or went TTS for your BR, found some measures online and the shoulders appear a little narrow if I go for my actual chest measure

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the jacket on the right is a size too small for you. It's also a good example of how sizing down can make a person look heavier than they are. The jacket on the right looks like it can barely be closed; the jacket on the left looks fine and is a much more flattering, even slimming silhouette.
View attachment 1130905
i think the FCL fits fine. it's horse so it's probably quite stiff, which wouldn't help the drape.

I dont think him sizing up to a 40 would make it better. It almost seems like he falls in-between sizes with this jacket. I def could see that the falcon has a bit more room and drapes (this is due to it being lamb/goat?). I am kinda on the fence here. I personally like the way the 40 fits me see
here is me wearing that FCL at self edge, spot on fit, and if you notice right below the shoulder there is a small creasing, i am excited for all the cool folds and etc
ULHT0Xg.jpg

KP5MUOY.jpg

Side note, i added a few more christian bale images this time cuz it looked damn funny

but some folks may like a tighter fit.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the smaller jacket (on the right) is alpha dirtbag i prefer it to the easier one fwiw but both work just fine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads