• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rice from NT

Reaction score
excuse my fat fingers& crappy tee :lol:
here's my fw16 LCW stooges

36972722724_326d9c70c6_c.jpg

37682993171_a20c3ec1c7_c.jpg

lullemans72

Reaction score
Currently the favorite piece in my wardrobe. Blue genuine leather rider jacket. I know genuine leather might not the highest quality out there, but it's the first real leather jacket I ever bought. I've had it for about three years now and love wearing it every time.

Speaking of leather jackets, I was wondering about proper care. I usually treat the entire jacket with Saphir creme universelle about twice a year to nourish the leather and make it supple again, but I've previously been told by others that you shouldn't do anything to leather other than let it age naturally like fine wine. My concern is that the leather would start cracking over time if it isn't taken care of properly, so I chose to go the safe route.

IMG_20171015_213139.jpg

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shoes, jacket and jeans don't fit. otherwise aces.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
What would have made it fit better?

Jacket's length and jeans a bit long but it's personal taste. Some people want relaxed fit, some prefer form fitting or skintight. I may roll that jeans up and wash and trim that jacket a bit. There is no single formula but whatever make you feel comfortable and confident .

lullemans72

Reaction score
Jacket's length and jeans a bit long but it's personal taste. Some people want relaxed fit, some prefer form fitting or skintight. I may roll that jeans up and wash and trim that jacket a bit. There is no single formula but whatever make you feel comfortable and confident .

Thanks for the feedback. This picture dates back to early 2016 actually, and the jeans have been slightly shortened since to get rid of that bulk at the bottom. As for the jacket, yeah, from checking out various fits, I did later discover that it looks just a little long, but I've gotten used to it now. When I first tried it on at the store before it started stretching, it was quite tight and I thought going for any smaller size would make it impossible to wear.

lullemans72

Reaction score
I may roll that jeans up and wash and trim that jacket a bit. There is no single formula but whatever make you feel comfortable and confident .

Also, how does one wash and trim a letter jacket? Didn't know they were washable. The latter especially sounds very costly.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jacket looks a touch big all around, although hard to tell from that photo. You might want to just try a size down. The shoulder seams are falling off your shoulder bone.

Overall though, I think you'd look better with nicer jeans, boots, a t-shirt, and no tie. Ties outside of suits and sport coats can look a bit affected in a GQ way.

Regarding alterations, you need to find a tailor who can work with leather. And the possibilities for altering a leather jacket depends on details of the garment and what you're trying to do. Hard to make blanket statements online since things can be very case specific. Shortening a jacket will be one of the harder operations, however.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Currently the favorite piece in my wardrobe. Blue genuine leather rider jacket. I know genuine leather might not the highest quality out there, but it's the first real leather jacket I ever bought. I've had it for about three years now and love wearing it every time.

Speaking of leather jackets, I was wondering about proper care. I usually treat the entire jacket with Saphir creme universelle about twice a year to nourish the leather and make it supple again, but I've previously been told by others that you shouldn't do anything to leather other than let it age naturally like fine wine. My concern is that the leather would start cracking over time if it isn't taken care of properly, so I chose to go the safe route.

View attachment 858310

similar comments as others.
  1. definitely lose the tie
  2. you can do better with jeans, either nicer wash or a solid selvage/raw. see APC new standard or petit standard.
  3. loafers are nice with more relaxed outfits. but even then do pick more sleek loafers. i think you need a pair of boots here but def not the squareish toe (driving?) shoes
  4. try to pose on a straight surface so you don't get an odd pose

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads