• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Horsehide for it’s general overall stiffness and its ability to stand by itself. I strap my jackets into the passenger seat whenever I’m driving to take the HOV lane so I don’t get pulled over by the cops.

Lol that's hilarious. But that is true it's nice for stand collar jackets from that regard. I just love the buttery softness of lamb

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of mine are horsehide, im very much only a horsehide jacket kinda guy.

If you think the price is good now, I bought mine almost 3 years ago and they were cheaper by almost 40,000 yen

Think I paid 180k. Ordered it about 2 years ago. Paid a little extra to have longer sleeves.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather is indeed horse (love the stuff Addict uses) and the tote bag is Frank Clegg

RexBanner

Reaction score
Really looking to buy a leather jacket but I don't know what brands to look at. Budget is around $2000. I know that's not enough for nice leather jackets, but what could I get with that? I'm located in Canada. Thanks!

kekekekai

Reaction score
Really looking to buy a leather jacket but I don't know what brands to look at. Budget is around $2000. I know that's not enough for nice leather jackets, but what could I get with that? I'm located in Canada. Thanks!

2k can get you a lot of decent stuff... What kind of style are you looking for?

Unless you wanna buy rick or SLP or those kind of brands... then you're just paying for the brand name.

NGOStudio

Reaction score

You could go for a custom make. With that you have more choices and likely better result.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
I'm mostly looking for a black biker jacket with the double zipper thing like this:
https://ca.burberry.com/clean-lined-leather-biker-jacket-p40340121

But without the buckles at the bottom. I wouldn't buy a Burberry one lol but just for a reference pic.

Or a brown suede one kind of like this one:
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/duke-mens-suede-jacket.htm?catID=5

There are some from the old Prorsum line on Grailed. Really nice stuffs if they fit and you could bargain for within or under your budget.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two thousand is more than enough to get what you're referencing in those links. First thing that comes to mind is the Vanson Daredevil, two way zipper, no buckles. That or you can always go custom if you know exactly what you want in every little detail of a jacket.

Othello

Reaction score
Tom ford chocolate suede field coat and AMI fw 15 shearling, third pic not necessarily a leather but layering is nice I thought

1a6098c2e9578e9761d5b3802c844ac8--tom-ford-designer-fall-fashion.jpg

MARC0243.jpg

Tom-Ford-Duffel-Bag.jpg

Atelier Bertrand

Reaction score
Awesome, looks so nice! Took mine out today as well, leather is finally cooling down

7sPdbOo.jpg

The fit and horsehide look really nice. It makes me want to offer this kind of hide in the future.

It's more than enough to find a great leather jacket on the market.

Here's a few of our made to order jackets that you can custom:
DSC_0211.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0058.JPG

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
has anyone ever attached a carrying strap to their leather jacket? Kind of like the ones from older Rick seasons, or this one from acronym http://www.nemen.it/product/nmn_acr_j40_l/. I think it would be a nice touch on my heavy calf mollinos.

I've had a tailor add a strap to a couple of jackets, but only suede ones. IMO it works a lot better with a soft leather or suede that's going to drape and hang from the strap when you're carrying it. Something like heavy calf is likely to stick out awkwardly because of the stiffness.

edit: I just clicked on the link, and I thought you were talking about attaching a carrying strap to the lining of the jacket (not sure whether this is still SOP for RO jackets, but the one I have has it). The double strap on the outside of the Acronym jacket would likely have a totally different effect.

2k can get you a lot of decent stuff... What kind of style are you looking for?

Unless you wanna buy rick or SLP or those kind of brands... then you're just paying for the brand name.

Yeah, but he's talking about 2k Canadian dollars. That's what, like $50 in USD?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads