• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LaMatta Spring Jacket (40-42R) - Fire Sale @ $55

deaddog

Reaction score
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT -- THANKS

I purchased a Lamatta from chorse123. Its a great jacket and brand new. But its a size 40 and a bit snug for me. Here is his description of the jackets and his pix. I'll sell it for a HUGE loss -- $55 including CONUS shipping -- but only if it goes within next 24 hours.

Text below from chorse123 but I agree with his assessment.

Measurements - measures closer to a 42 than a 40

Shoulder -shoulder seam to inside shoulder seam - 19
Chest - armpit to armpit x 2 = 44.75
Sleeve - shoulder seam to cuff - 24.75
Length - from bottom of collar - 30.25
+++++++++++++++++++
LaMatta - light spring and summer cotton jackets with leather/suede details

I have a number of excellent light spring and summer jackets made in Italy by LaMatta. Thanks to all the forum members who helped me identify these. All of them have the main "LaMatta" tag removed, but a few of them have clear identifying marks (on a zipper, on the back) and they all have similar tags.

An esteemed and knowledgeable forum member estimated that these would retail from $850-$1250. I don't doubt it. Retail prices are crazy these days, especially for the high-end retailers who carry LaMatta (Bergdorf, Louis Boston, Wilkes Bashford, etc). But these are very nice jackets. They have excellent detailing and are made from excellent materials. They are perfect for spring/summer.

In all of these pictures, those with the flash are closest to the true color. On some you'll see a large white patch on the inside of the jacket. That is a leather or suede patch that is very lightly affixed with adhesive. It covers up where the LaMatta label was removed, and you can peel it off (without leaving a mark) and toss it if you wish.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a different model LaMatta from that sale and it is a killer jacket; well made, riri zippers, high quality buttons, lambskin piping, etc. $55 is ridiculous; should be gone in a snap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads