• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste

GR13

Reaction score
Although I am a big fan of Polo, I recently started to wear Lacoste polo's and find them to be the best polo shirts I have tried. However, the selection in my area is very limited and the shirts are never on sale (i.e., $72). This is a bit hard to swallow, considering I can always find desirable Polo shirts at $40 or less.

Are there any places to find Lacoste shirts on sale (not including E-bay)?
I found this site online but can't tell if it is legit. http://www.onlyinstyle.com/template/.../LCG-Main.html The price doesn't seem too incredible since Ben Silver was selling Lacoste shirts for about the same price a month ago. However, I can no longer find Lacoste on their site.

Also, I'll be traveling in a few weeks to a city with a boutique. Do the boutiques ever put things on sale?

Thanks for the help.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boutiques have off-season colors on sale when the seasons change.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy export overrun polos when I can find them, but never did get the hang of the colors. Which, exactly, are which seasons' colors? (I live in a tropical country with no seasons, so please humor me.)

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd also try Ben Silver for closeout Lacoste.

borace

Reaction score
Why not give Ben Silver a call, they had some Lacoste at good prices when I visited last year.

ceestand

Reaction score
The Lacoste boutiques I've been to (London, New York) have all had sale/clearance racks. However, I've never seen their classic polos on sale.

GR13

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll be in Charleston in a few weeks so I will check in on Ben Silver and also visit the boutique.

SoooSooSuave

Reaction score
I just ordered a few Lacoste polos off of E-bay. How do I tell if they're fake or not? If you order from a power seller or a seller with lots of feedback, do you think it's less likely that they are still selling fake Lacoste?

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
I buy export overrun polos when I can find them, but never did get the hang of the colors. Which, exactly, are which seasons' colors? (I live in a tropical country with no seasons, so please humor me.)
each seasons have different colours. No way to tell which are which as they change to adapt current season trends. !luc

SilverSurfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoooSooSuave
I just ordered a few Lacoste polos off of E-bay. How do I tell if they're fake or not? If you order from a power seller or a seller with lots of feedback, do you think it's less likely that they are still selling fake Lacoste?

Almost all "Lacoste" polos on Ebay are fake. Even those from sellers with lots of feedback. The fact is, most people buying them on eBay don't have authentic ones at home and so they don't realize they've bought a knock-off. So they give good feedback.

Give us some links to the auctions you won and we may be able to tell for you just from that.

johnpemberton

Reaction score
watch out - there are lots of fakes about! Genuine ones tend to not have branded buttons.

JOhn

chrisc

Reaction score
I read somewhere that RL makes a hefty slice of its profit from the sales of their polo shirts and I can imagine it will be the same for Lacoste...

Edit: Which means that discounts on their polo shirts would:

A: Cheapen the brand

and B: Slim down the hefty profit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads