• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton low quality with regard to price

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
For effective handwork in trews I find Oxxford hard to beat in the RTW world.
Something about how they are made works very well for me.
They are nearly entirely handswen. May be the fact that there is a lot of flex needed in the seams of pants?
One thing I like about Kiton pants is the hidden button in the fly.
Kind of like the hidden waistband pocket in Oxxford.

And they use silk thread at stress points since its more elastic

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I certainly have a preference for the work of Attolini. However, I wouldn't hesitate to wear a pair of Kiton trousers ... assuming, of course, the pleats are forward facing English pleats.

For the record, I'm just teasing about the pleats ... well, sort of.

Dr No

Reaction score
I do not think that handsewn is better than maschine, maybe except at difficult places as a jackets collar and sleeves, but not on a pair of trousers. On a pair of trousers, it adds a touch of genuinity. But what constitutes a pair of well made trousers that makes it worth the premium? Material and styling and of course the fit is most important.
Sure you pay for the label. But noone else than you know what label the trousers are.
I must say I am impressed by attolini. I visited a bespoke tailor to get surgeon cuffs made and I had a look at their own work. I was not impressed at all. Bespoke is only as good as the tailor, and it is very hard to find tailors in Attolini-class.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm
hate to get (sort of) off topic but whats the construction like on Tom Ford trousers? Just the plain cotton ones..

Not bad actually. I picked up a pair at C21 for $120. I mean its no attolini but its pretty good stuff. Not worth the $800 retail though.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
For effective handwork in trews I find Oxxford hard to beat in the RTW world.
Something about how they are made works very well for me.
They are nearly entirely handswen. May be the fact that there is a lot of flex needed in the seams of pants?
One thing I like about Kiton pants is the hidden button in the fly.
Kind of like the hidden waistband pocket in Oxxford.

Attolini also has that hidden button in the fly. and spot on about Oxxford

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my first Kiton suit and I find the quality to be remarkable. If I find the time, I'll post some pics and highligh my favorite aspects. Btw...dumb question - what is the function of the hidden button in the pants(?) I don't know what to do with it lol...

Dr No

Reaction score
This is not about diminishing returns. Attolini offers better quality at a lower price than Kiton.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
But I expected an usual Borrelli and got a legit Borrelli made for illegal chinos in some boat instead.

I´ve been fooled!
frown.gif
frown.gif

eh.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Could anyone put a picture of this hidden button for me please.

They would, but then it wouldn't be hidden anymore.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm a Kiton fan but their trousers are quite pricey. They readily admit to machinework on parts of their pants but claim it's better due to straight lines.

I find my Kiton suits are better made than my Brioni suits. Oxxford is well made (I have several suits and trousers) but the materials are not as flexible and comfortable in my opinion. Especially in trousers I find Kiton is far better than Oxxford.

I have not tried Attolini but I have not been impressed by what I have seen close up.

TheButler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Btw...dumb question - what is the function of the hidden button in the pants(?) I don't know what to do with it lol...
It functions as a direct increase in the time-it-takes-to-pee equation.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we're on the obscure subject of "secret" features, I recently noticed on my (one) pair of Attolini slacks an additional pocket attached to the outside of one of the two front pockets. I guess it's for storing cash or contraband though it's not nearly as deep as the regular pockets. And, of course, it's not easily accessible, as the slacks have to be undone (including the secret button) to access.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabert
Since we're on the obscure subject of "secret" features, I recently noticed on my (one) pair of Attolini slacks an additional pocket attached to the outside of one of the two front pockets. I guess it's for storing cash or contraband though it's not nearly as deep as the regular pockets. And, of course, it's not easily accessible, as the slacks have to be undone (including the secret button) to access.
That's where you store your condom, son.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads