• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King Krash Denim - From PRPS

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen these mentioned anywhere but I just heard about them in a local store.

They are basically a PRPS for N&F money. Here's the spiel I got from the salesman and from various websites:

King Krash jeans were founded by denim legend Donwan Harrell, the man behind PRPS jeans! King Krash takes its inspiration from the illegal street racing days of 1970's Manhattan - an era of disco, fast women and even faster cars, where gang culture was rampant and the clothes you wore were as much a part of the scene as the racing itself.

A fervent muscle car junkie from a young age, Harrell ransacked his photo archives and those of his drag racing friends for King Krash inspiration. Each item is finished with Harrell's unrivalled attention to detail and wash techniques, faithfully replicating the stains, creases, abrasions and rips resulting from a life lived in the fast lane.
They retail for £105 - £145 and the pair I got were £135. I'll take some photos and add them in, but want to know what people think.

When I compare them to my S/S09 Barracuda pair from PRPS the quality difference is tiny given that one pair cost £220 more than the other. Anyone heard of them?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KK-Rear.jpg
Back pockets
KK-Front.jpg
Front - Notice the mix style branded buttons on the fly
KK-BackPocket.jpg
Pocket details - The design parralells with PRPS are obvious
KK-PocketStitch.jpg
Patch - No ink at all, but the stitching style points to Harrell's hand. Fit Pics to come, but now I'm off to the Cinema!

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do not want

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some of the ugliest jeans I've ever seen.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRPS usually has gnarly distressing though, right? Their raw models seem to get good reviews around here, so if this brand does some raw stuff it could come out alright.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
PRPS usually has gnarly distressing though, right? Their raw models seem to get good reviews around here, so if this brand does some raw stuff it could come out alright.

not if the details on the raw pairs are the same as these

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are waaay to busy. So much crap going on in the back.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a huge fan, they look like thai knockoffs of something like energie. Do they do raw, selvage, or both?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know they're not to everyone's taste, but for me they're a solid alternative to my Barracuda's.

The guy in the store only had 3 washes; no destruction light wash, these and a dark wash with no desrtuction. Don't know what the plan is for the coming months, but looking at the way PRPS is run, I would have thought that Raw isn't too far away.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
^ and out of those three you went with the awful wash with distressing? pics of the others?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair the photos accentuate the whiskering beyond what they really are. I didn't take any other pictures in the store.

I went for that design because I like destroyed denim (I know thats not SF-Approved) and it worked out cheaper than Abercrombie and PRPS who are the other producers of the look. I'm 19 and at university so my day to day attire is never going to be as reserved as many people here.

I simply assumed that out of 7,000+ members, one or two would fancy checking out a new brand.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I'd like them a lot with slightly less fraying. Don't worry, you aren't the only one guilty of liking pre washed jeans.

uristocrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
those are waaay to busy. So much crap going on in the back.

yup. I agree...

i had to turn my busy prps' into some jorts cause I didnt want to wear them as jeans ever again..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads