• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khakis with no socks?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
Can you wear khakis with driving moccasins or a penny loafer and no socks? Or is the sockless look better left for jeans?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely yes, with boat shoes, driving moc , and tassel loafer.
but only in summer.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can go sockless with any pant and shoe combination if you are comfortable with it - temperature-wise and socially. Steer clear of business if you feel it might be professionally limiting.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bugatti.veyron
Can you wear khakis with driving moccasins or a penny loafer and no socks? Or is the sockless look better left for jeans?

Of course you can, but in most cases it's going to look like you forgot to put socks on.

Just so you know, the sockless fad has run its course this time around. But don't worry, it'll be back eventually. Personally I miss it, because it's an amazingly effective way to instantly separate guys with attitude problems from everyone else... You know, guys who think their ankles are much too beautiful to hide them from the world.

No offense meant personally to anyone by that, just my experience.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure in the Summertime. On a day like today however I don't feel like losing a toe or two.

bpworks

Reaction score
You would be breaking tradition in the South if you did wear socks. We only wear socks when it is below 32 degrees!!!! I probably have socks older than you.

NaturalShoulder

Reaction score
Khakis without socks looks just fine. Whether or not to do so depends upon one's tolerance for cold and whether going sockless is appropriate for a particular event or venue.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As others have stated, yes. It's a look I sport often during warmer months.

ap10046

Reaction score
What socks could you possibly wear with a combination as such??? I just can't see it..Sorry, but loafers with a "shorter" vamp just look goofy with socks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads