• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khakis with no socks?

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, your not don johnson and this isn't the 80's no matter what the outfits all shoes not sandals must be worn with socks.

ap10046

Reaction score
Ok, what colour/type of socks would you wear with jeans or khakis and dark brown/cashew driving mocassins???

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course nothing wrong with it

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ap10046
Ok, what colour/type of socks would you wear with jeans or khakis and dark brown/cashew driving mocassins???

Lt brown, tan, taupe anything lighter color like that will work best.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear lighter shades of Khaki without socks, and linen pants without socks.

With pennys, driving mocs and tassel loafers. I dont have any boat shoes or bucks at the moment.

I think it looks strange with socks on, and i dont think it speaks of my attitude.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

With pennys, driving mocs and tassel loafers. I dont have any boat shoes or bucks at the moment.

I think it looks strange with socks on, and i dont think it speaks of my attitude.

It screams of it. Like a bullhorn.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

Boat shoes and driving mocs with socks seem strange to me, too. Penny loafers look fine either way to me.

HarryLime

Reaction score
Good grief. If you want to wear socks, wear socks. If you don't, don't. It doesn't matter if you're wearing khakis or jeans or whatever. Why do you think they make tan socks? Just make sure you wash your feet once in a while.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In NY and Long Island it is typical wear of the highest of the high in our caste. It is the WASP uniform, along with vintage Gucci loafers or Cole Haan Collections.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads