• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

maregmareg

Reaction score
I'm gonna visit a Kapital store in April next year.. already looking forward to it. But I'm hoping they will have a fleece for me to pick up, but maybe it will be sold out? Back home that's when winter season starts..

@shopcanoeclub **** that big crewneck is awesome. How did you size it?
Kyoto store is very cool, there's a chance they will have what you need because from what I noticed Kapital stores are really well stocked - it's like a total opposite of those annoying stores which look like a museum gallery (one rack with 4 garments per 238472834 meters of white wall) - there are garments everywhere, on racks, on shelves, on walls, hanging from the ceiling.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kyoto store is very cool, there's a chance they will have what you need because from what I noticed Kapital stores are really well stocked - it's like a total opposite of those annoying stores which look like a museum gallery (one rack with 4 garments per 238472834 meters of white wall) - there are garments everywhere, on racks, on shelves, on walls, hanging from the ceiling.

Thought so! I went to the Ginza shop this year and they had a TON of stuff. So was hoping they would stock prevoius seasons and whatnot. Awesome.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Thought so! I went to the Ginza shop this year and they had a TON of stuff. So was hoping they would stock prevoius seasons and whatnot. Awesome.
When I was travelling to Japan I had denim Ring Coat in mind, Kyoto store was the first (and only so far) that I visited and they had it in my size.
I'll be back in Japan March next year so I'm going to check Tokyo and Osaka stores too.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm moving to Kyoto in like 2 months, and I can't spend any money until things settle down and I get my first payheck which may not come until almost 2 months into working there. It's going to be hell not being able to finally buy all the wild ass Kapital I see without the insane US mark up.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm gonna visit a Kapital store in April next year.. already looking forward to it. But I'm hoping they will have a fleece for me to pick up, but maybe it will be sold out? Back home that's when winter season starts..

@shopcanoeclub **** that big crewneck is awesome. How did you size it?
I wanna go to the Kapital store :eek2:
I'm 6' 1" ish maybe a little taller and 165 and I wear the size 3 for that fit.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to try the Kobe jackets and various long coats today. Hmm. The Kobe jackets are odd. Not especially small or big but just strangely cut, and the sizes also vary between the different colourways as the sales assistants were warning me. The colour I really like (the orange) doesn't suit me IRL, the brown one does suit me but the sizing is off, and the purple one is best on me but it's just weird and lumpy-looking. However, I loved the cord tapestry coat. I might get one.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Here are fit pics of my ring coats: denim, vintage melton wool, katsuragi cotton
All are size 2 and I’m 6’0, 165 lbs.
I feel that the cotton (3rd pic) fits slightly smaller despite being the same size. Not really sure but I consider selling it to get size bigger, what do you think guys?
C21BEF57-782F-4A47-99F7-B3DABC885106.jpeg
2DB2DD97-0889-4941-A974-4DE8C0B8B929.jpeg
616AEEF7-1050-49E4-9BE8-E6EAE1AA89CB.jpeg

maregmareg

Reaction score
Any advices on how this shirt fits?
Only found it in size 4 for decent price, will that be too big for 6'0, 165 lbs?
fits.jpg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@maregmareg surprisingly wearable - not too much by any means. My boy styles it with a hoodie quite a bit, but I've also seen it as a midlayer. It's a cool Kapital piece with the Kapital look without having to spend toooo much coin

maregmareg

Reaction score
@maregmareg surprisingly wearable - not too much by any means. My boy styles it with a hoodie quite a bit, but I've also seen it as a midlayer. It's a cool Kapital piece with the Kapital look without having to spend toooo much coin
Sounds perfect, will have it this Friday, fingers crossed size 4 was a good choice

pgrim91

Reaction score
Here are fit pics of my ring coats: denim, vintage melton wool, katsuragi cotton
All are size 2 and I’m 6’0, 165 lbs.
I feel that the cotton (3rd pic) fits slightly smaller despite being the same size. Not really sure but I consider selling it to get size bigger, what do you think guys?
View attachment 1270446 View attachment 1270447 View attachment 1270448
LMAO are you me? I have the same three ring coats and the kakishibu jeans. Keep the green cotton ring coat though, it looks like it fits nearly the same. Is it possible it just shrunk a little in the wash?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody seen this jacket in person? Is it basically a lightweight nylon shell with a fleece inserted only at the yokes/collar or is the body more substantial than that?

a625c4c6088a66afb86943901d6872e7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads