• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Dylan61

Reaction score
My mud dyed century after a month of daily wearing?

341img.png

123img.png

Last edited:

Dylan61

Reaction score
Morgan conchos? Tell me more!
Yeah I got it from the first owner in Japan not so long ago, Morgan silver dollar conchos are screw back type and were done by Native Spirit I believe, the silver buckle and leather belt are also Native Spirit branded, it's kinda heavy and not the most practical belt if you want to switch pants everyday so I just keep it on my century denim lol.

brandonluzip

Reaction score
Is the Grailed user SunmanOO legit? Has a bunch of Kapital listed. Seems to have his/her own proxy website too.

Any information will be much appreciated.

I just bought something off their proxy website. Based off their grailed feedback they seem to be pretty legit. They responded within an hour of my purchase notifying when they will be shipping. Will keep you posted. I bought the damask pullover.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the re-stock of items on the web shop? Thanks!

You're asking how to know if an item will get re-stocked and when? As far as I know Kapital doesn't let you know that. On their website (under "What's New") and on IG they will notify you when an item is new to the store and if it is a re-stock or not but there is no advance notification.

With Kapital becoming more popular worldwide (and sold by other retailers) I've also noticed that re-stocks happen less frequently. For example they had the tie dye smiley sweatshirt on their website for a couple months then it disappeared. I believe they sold that stock to Mr Porter as it appeared on their website around the same time. There are other items I was interested in that I suspect the same thing happened to.

It sucks for Kapital fans who proxy items from the web shop. I'd want to buy a few items to make it worth it but some of the items I want go out of stock before I buy it. With that and the logistics issues caused by the pandemic, I still haven't bought anything via proxy.

Anyone have proxy recs btw since it looks like fromjapan won't mark items down anymore?

kakishiboo

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what sicarii77 was referring to, but the restock notification button on the Kapital web shop has worked well for me in the past. You can click it if you try to purchase an item that is sold out in a particular size/color. (You have to have an account on the Kapital web shop to do so)

restockbutton.png

Kapital will send you an email when the item in that size/color becomes available again. The cool thing about this is that it is a "hidden" restock - the item will not be bumped to the web store's front page. There are no notifications aside from the email. The only way to see that the item is back is to actually check the item's page, select the size/color, and see if it lets you add to cart. I've done this multiple times and never had issues with someone swooping in and swiping my restocked item or anything like that. Here's what a restock notification email looks like (you can see there's a direct link to the item):

kapitalemail.png

In regards to JP proxies, I have been using Fromjapan for years now. (and yes, they are quick enough to grab your restocked Kapital web shop items). My most recent shipment was on Nov 10th 2021, and I was able to lower the declared values when checking out just like I always have. Is the "no more markdowns" a new thing? I haven't heard of it before. I go with Fedex International Priority shipping option (shipped to USA) - maybe that affects it?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what sicarii77 was referring to, but the restock notification button on the Kapital web shop has worked well for me in the past. You can click it if you try to purchase an item that is sold out in a particular size/color. (You have to have an account on the Kapital web shop to do so)

View attachment 1730881

Kapital will send you an email when the item in that size/color becomes available again. The cool thing about this is that it is a "hidden" restock - the item will not be bumped to the web store's front page. There are no notifications aside from the email. The only way to see that the item is back is to actually check the item's page, select the size/color, and see if it lets you add to cart. I've done this multiple times and never had issues with someone swooping in and swiping my restocked item or anything like that. Here's what a restock notification email looks like (you can see there's a direct link to the item):

View attachment 1730882

In regards to JP proxies, I have been using Fromjapan for years now. (and yes, they are quick enough to grab your restocked Kapital web shop items). My most recent shipment was on Nov 10th 2021, and I was able to lower the declared values when checking out just like I always have. Is the "no more markdowns" a new thing? I haven't heard of it before. I go with Fedex International Priority shipping option (shipped to USA) - maybe that affects it?

Yeah the restock notification works great. However, you don't need to have an account, you can sign up by just leaving your email address.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads