• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they aren't drop crotch, more so that the rise is so long that you could wear them at your hips to have a sagged drop crotch affect. I have some pants with that same idea. It has like a 14 in rise, I wear it to my belly button basically.

The zip does go for the length of the rise too so I assume it's meant to be worn either way rather than drop crotch pants that have a tiny zip and a hugggeeeee rise.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Engineered Garments did a pair of patchwork fatigues a few seasons ago, and I assume the relatively more straightforward cut is more my speed. But they sold out a long time ago.

Been looking for patchwork chinos since, but some look too hokey. I dig the Kapital ones though; just not sure of the cut and don't want to buy something from an overseas shop just to try out.

60907420_1819662041467011_7959913860834126330_n.jpg

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I was thinking about it, but probably not if they're drop crotch.

High rises also have a long rise, the top block of the pants are made to be worn high up but if they are worn around the waist normally they have a slightly deep crotch. They are definitely not a diaper fit. They are really roomy in the thighs and hip. The waist is weirdly small on the chino version of this cut. Size 4 is a tad under 34 inches on the waist. Definitely try them on before you buy.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally here! Two years of on and off searching have come to an end.

PXL_20201203_193750340.jpg

This scarf in this colourway was one of my big non-purchase regrets. Kapital stopped offering it in this colourway early on in its release and it wasn't available for purchase during their scarf re-make event a month ago. I couldn't believe it when I found it on Mercari.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new in these parts. After reading a bunch of things and looking at a bunch of pics, I ordered a wool Ring Coat. It's pretty cool but I have a question about the sleeves. I'm 5' 9", about 155 lb, and have slightly short arms. I got a size 2 and the sleeves seem pretty long, though I like the length in the body. Is that normal? I see some pictures with the sleeves cuffed, though not many. It's not unusual for me to find things a bit long in the sleeves, but I've never owned a coat like this so I'm not sure what can be chalked up to "that's how the coat is" and what indicates it isn't for me.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new in these parts. After reading a bunch of things and looking at a bunch of pics, I ordered a wool Ring Coat. It's pretty cool but I have a question about the sleeves. I'm 5' 9", about 155 lb, and have slightly short arms. I got a size 2 and the sleeves seem pretty long, though I like the length in the body. Is that normal? I see some pictures with the sleeves cuffed, though not many. It's not unusual for me to find things a bit long in the sleeves, but I've never owned a coat like this so I'm not sure what can be chalked up to "that's how the coat is" and what indicates it isn't for me.

Kapital is what you make of it, do you like the sleeve length or is it something that will bother you? I have a size 2 in denim and it fits me great but I will say that I'm 6'2 and I generally wear 24-26 inch sleeve. It fits me perfectly at the wrist without bunching too much.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6'1 here and wear a size 3 in the katsuragi ring coat. I wouldn't do a size 2 but ymmv.

denimbubu

Reaction score
I'm 5-5 and wish I had gotten a 2, rather than a 1. I prefer the sleeves to go over my hands. Go for a 3! It won't feel too short when you bend your arms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads