• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fabric? Is it scratchy at all?

I just tried it on while wearing a t-shirt. It's a little scratchy, but it doesn't irritate my skin.

However, the Tsugihagi Kesa is something you wouldn't wear during the summer because of its heft. It's more suitable for Fall/Winter/early Spring temperatures, and that's when you would likely be wearing a long sleeve top.

CarterH

Reaction score
Fair enough, I tend to wear t shirts a decent amount in the winter due to the office being warm, so I wonder if that would bother me.

I ended up selling a wool ring coat I had due to the scratchiness

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do folks take their typical JP size for the bandana kakashi or do you size up? same question for the fishing kimono shirt?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried it on while wearing a t-shirt. It's a little scratchy, but it doesn't irritate my skin.

However, the Tsugihagi Kesa is something you wouldn't wear during the summer because of its heft. It's more suitable for Fall/Winter/early Spring temperatures, and that's when you would likely be wearing a long sleeve top.

Going to second this. I have the kesa and ended up getting the kakashi cardigan as well because I loved it so much. The Kesa is *way* larger than the cardigan. The kesa is practically an overcoat, which is how I'd wear it. The kakashi seems really easy to toss over a pair of jeans or most anything, as more of a sweater. They're really substantial though and pretty scratchy so I'd want something with long sleeves under either of them.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In light of the recent discussion on ring coats, sizing and fit, I thought I would add my two cents by sharing two quick pics of me wearing mine. Let's say the pics are for "educational purposes" only. This how I want the RC to fit. Ymmv.

Keep in mind I just threw the coat on whatever I was wearing at the moment, so this isn't really the kind of stuff I am planning on wearing together with the RC. But now, looking at the pics, I think it kinda works.

Sorry for the poor picture quality and the very dusty mirror. I guess this weekend has a house cleaning in store for us...

Katsuragi cotton RC in "khaki" (more brown olive) and in size 3.

IMG_20200815_115204.jpg
IMG_20200815_115328.jpg
IMG_20200815_115421.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of the recent discussion on ring coats, sizing and fit, I thought I would add my two cents by sharing two quick pics of me wearing mine. Let's say the pics are for "educational purposes" only. This how I want the RC to fit. Ymmv.

Keep in mind I just threw the coat on whatever I was wearing at the moment, so this isn't really the kind of stuff I am planning on wearing together with the RC. But now, looking at the pics, I think it kinda works.

Sorry for the poor picture quality and the very dusty mirror. I guess this weekend has a house cleaning in store for us...

Katsuragi cotton RC in "khaki" (more brown olive) and in size 3.

View attachment 1441331 View attachment 1441333 View attachment 1441334

This is exactly the stuff you want to wear with it. That is what I like about them, they are great to go over casual, everyday clothes.

I had signed up for a notification when the gold ripstop came back in stock as I think it is pretty versatile. Kapital sent me an email this morning that it was restocked so I picked it up.

jwuuuzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here.

I just made an order on fashion.jp. While doing some research, I saw a user by the name of @tdes81 ask about authenticity here (that's actually how I found this forum). Has anyone ordered from there and know if it's legit?

I ordered 2 socks and the Kountry Chino Old Man Crash Remake.

I'll share my order once I get it in but feeling pretty good about it overall!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here.

I just made an order on fashion.jp. While doing some research, I saw a user by the name of @tdes81 ask about authenticity here (that's actually how I found this forum). Has anyone ordered from there and know if it's legit?

It's legit as far as I can tell. After my first order I did a couple more because they had pretty much the best prices and some older things I couldn't find anywhere else. If they somehow faked the tugihagi kesa I got from them, I'd be really damn impressed. :p Picked up a few bandanas as well, legit there too. Rat sticker and everything.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Great to hear man. That's definitely reassuring. I'll keep you posted when the order comes in.

Also here's my post from when my first order came in:

Verified as legit. So you should be fine. Also given that they let you buy with paypal if it wasn't I think you could do a charge back with paypals pretty strong buyer protections.

jwuuuzy

Reaction score
Also here's my post from when my first order came in:

Verified as legit. So you should be fine. Also given that they let you buy with paypal if it wasn't I think you could do a charge back with paypals pretty strong buyer protections.
Yeah I saw @shopcanoeclub say it's legit too so that definitely holds a lot of weight. Thanks again!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw @shopcanoeclub say it's legit too so that definitely holds a lot of weight. Thanks again!

Yeah it does. And another great place to get Kapital. Looking forward to seeing what they get in this fall. Really hope they get some of those wild patchwork cord bell bottoms in my size. :)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here.

Check out ZenMarket as well. What you end up paying at the official Kapital webstore going through zenmarket is usually significantly less compared to Fashionship, as I understand it.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does. And another great place to get Kapital. Looking forward to seeing what they get in this fall. Really hope they get some of those wild patchwork cord bell bottoms in my size. :)

I light be wrong, but I get the feeling that Fashionship just reads right of the Kapital Webstore. It seems to me that they have the exact same category layout and item descriptions (after using Google translate), and I've noticed that they have the same sizes in stock/sold out. I'd be surprised if Fashionship actually has its own stock. Rather it looks to me like they're just another proxy service. And a rather expensive one compared to others... As I said though, I might be wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads