• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joseph Abboud USA Suits $139 First Time Suit, First time review to come

Luis G

Reaction score
I had been looking for a decent suit since I will be best man for my cousins Wedding. Figured if I bought a suit, it would work for many occasions over a tuxedo or tux rental and my cousin wasn't doing the traditional matching groomsmen/best man.
I've never owned a suit that was mine, the only suit I had was a hand me down that was a very very sad sight.

I had seen a Hickey Freeman, and a Joseph Abboud (both made in USA, 100% wool). One at Niemans the other at Mens Warehouse. Both seemed to be half canvassed and both were fantastic quality and could tell they were far above the designer brand crap that usually is peddled at big box stores.

The Hickey Freeman was about $500 after sale, and the Joseph Abboud was $695. I liked both but decided to wait simply because dropping $500-$700 on a suit wasn't something I'd ever done.

Yesterday Google alerted me that it noticed I had researched the Joseph Abboud at Mens Warehouse and they're Chinese made suits went from $230 to $179 for their foreign made suits.
I decided to check Mens warehouse online and noticed they had several USA Made 100% wool Joseph Abboud suits on sale. I ordered a 46R, and later reordered a 44S (went to Mens warehouse, they found I ordered the wrongsize).
The suits were $139 each, includes Seperate and pants.

One has shipped the other is still processing. I will post pictures here and comment on the quality when they arrive.
I felt for $150, I doubt I could of found better.

Luis G

Reaction score
I received my suit yesterday and dropped pants off for alterations.

Here's the jacket:
Overall the quality is very good in my opinion.
Made in the USA in Massachusetts.
The fabric is Tollegno 1900 120s. This is an italian made wool from one of the oldest Italian mills.
Double vents.
Singled breasted jacket with notched lapel.
Front

Back

Left side, Inside:

Right Side, Inside

Sleeves, and faux buttons.

Made in USA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads