• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joseph A. Bank 3 for 1 tailored fit suit?

farmer

Reaction score
I just found these tailored fit suit from Joseph A. Bank. They just introduced them and are offering 3 for 1. I normally wouldn't buy a suit from JAB, but these seem to fit better than most of their stuff and are a good deal. Can anyone advise as to whether or not they think it might be a decent deal or what their advice would be? Thanks.

http://www.josbank.com/IWCatSectionV...ction_Id=17998

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Jos. A. Bank gets any love on SF, but I don't have much experience with them. My father on the other hand, loves the store. This past weekend, he was psyched to show me the sport coat he picked up for $20. It really depends on how necessary you find certain levels of quality. They're certainly not the height of menswear, but if you like the cut and the look, go for it. I've actually been tempted to drop in to my local store and take a look around. Just keep in mind, with deals like that, there's a reason why they're so cheap.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look a little boxy and baggy to me, but if guess the price is right. The JAB suits I have seen in person have all been pretty middle of the road at best.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
They look a little boxy and baggy to me, but if guess the price is right. The JAB suits I have seen in person have all been pretty middle of the road at best.

Even with the "trimmer cut and narrow lapels" it all looks rather baggy. Not flattering at all. I think it would be best to try one out in the store to ensure that it's something you can live with. $231 per suit isn't a horrible deal, but it isn't a screaming one either.

R-H

Reaction score
I think that you'll end up with 3 suits that you will eventually be dissastisfied with. You also have to take into account the tailoring that it will take to get these suits to look good.

I'd pass and put the purchase+tailoring money towards 1 higher quality suit.

farmer

Reaction score
That's about what I figured. I picked up a BB 1818 Fitzgerald a few weeks back for 380, which I thought was a good deal. The JAB suits are just not of good quality I guess, but you get what you pay for. I will look for a good deal on one quality suit. Good advice thanks guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads