• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb Spirits of Capitals

woolymammoth

Reaction score
ny-oxford.jpg

moscow-boot.jpg

t-boot.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You think those look bad? Check out London, Beijing and Taipei:
5548080013_eced8b79ef_b.jpg
5548672994_64cc93f6f0_b.jpg
5548080511_02a4856746_b.jpg
(images taken from The Dandy Project) I think at this point, their target market is obsessive Lobb collection completists. The equivalent of fans who grow to hate a TV series they loved in early seasons, yet insist on buying all the DVD box sets, just because they started.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Interesting; trees in that design used to be for bespoke only.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tokyo and maybe the Paris are the only ones I'd get if I had the money. All of the others are ehhh.

Roman_empire

Reaction score
Fugly. What a bunch of nouveau riche crap. Brown suede with black calf wtf? Not even to mention those hideous yellow initials
ffffuuuu.gif

Roman_empire

Reaction score
"The Cyrillic initials on the Moscow ankle boot were also intriguing-Paul-Dauphin said they were inspired by elite Muscovites who attended the Opera at the beginning of the 20th century. Each gentleman would wear boots outside in the snow, then remove them and put on tuxedo shoes once he arrived. The initials helped them quickly identify their boots in the coat room at the end of the night."

http://blogs.forbes.com/hannahelliot...yers-stock-up/

So let's combine two type of shoes and make a Frankenstein boot.
plain.gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll admit to liking that Tokyo boot.

Also, despite what many people overseas and in NYC may think, New York City is not the capital of the United States.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Also, despite what many people overseas and in NYC may think, New York City is not the capital of the United States.

I don't know anyone who thinks NYC is the capital of the USA.

I actually think the NYC, Paris, & Moscow Oxfords would all look pretty good on the right kind of guy. I actually think: hats off to Lobb for messing around a little bit with materials/colours; if you want a simpler/subtler pair of shoes, they can still do that for you.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think at this point, their target market is obsessive Lobb collection completists. The equivalent of fans who grow to hate a TV series they loved in early seasons, yet insist on buying all the DVD box sets, just because they started.

Christ... collecting JLPB shoes seeks like quite the pricey habit.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is noone talking about THE DUBAI DOUBLE MONK (SUFI?) SANDAL?
620x434104.jpg
620x434102.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads