• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I tried once the William on the 0015 last and I think it will work well with a grained leather and more casual combo. Doesn't look as great in pics as it is in real life.

[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]
Yes it does look good but I think the larger welt did make it looks more casual. Do you know how does it generally fits?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes it does look good but I think the larger welt did make it looks more casual. Do you know how does it generally fits?
Yeap, it looks chunkier. I liked it. As for sizing, this store has a very very small stock, in fact just one size of each shoe, so those were 9.5UK that's why they look bigger. In the 9795 I wear 8.5 UK. If I were to take a guess, I would go with the same size for the 0015

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does the William fit compared to the City II? Anyone have any thoughts? I have read some that said William II as a country style shoe heritage, it fits a bit bigger overall. Should I go TTS or go another .5 size down? (so, 7.5D US --> 6 E UK for William II)

Biogentic

Reaction score
how does the William fit compared to the City II? Anyone have any thoughts? I have read some that said William II as a country style shoe heritage, it fits a bit bigger overall. Should I go TTS or go another .5 size down? (so, 7.5D US --> 6 E UK for William II)
i read through everything on the sizing of the William II in SF, no definitive answer. Some sized down 1 full size from their US size but some sized down 1.5. For City II and Lopez, i think the general consensus is to size down 1.5 from their US size. I take a bit of gamble to go for UK8 for the William, while i am a US9, will update once I receive my shoes next week. Normally what price did you all pay for the William II or City II? any good source? I need an oxford quite badly but still not seeing any on sales while the William II in brown museum really looks captivating and I am itchy to own one.

papado

Reaction score
Not a CM fit, but in a pandemic you gotta find a way to break in your new JL Lopez loafers--even if it means rocking them with Lululemon chinos and funky socks on your way to the cleaners!

IMG-2181.jpg

I know there was some ubiquitous Lopez hate at one point (which I agreed with silently...) but they actually aren't that bad in a darker leather.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a CM fit, but in a pandemic you gotta find a way to break in your new JL Lopez loafers--even if it means rocking them with Lululemon chinos and funky socks on your way to the cleaners!

View attachment 1633815

I know there was some ubiquitous Lopez hate at one point (which I agreed with silently...) but they actually aren't that bad in a darker leather.
Any heel slop? Looks like a bit of space there.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1633815

Lovely! I was going to pull the trigger on a 6 but someone got to it before me. Oh well.

Biogentic

Reaction score

View attachment 1633815

Is this from cettire? Read that u down one whole size from your usual JL size.. I still waiting for my pairs chapel n William new standard n is excited about it but quite worry about the fitting as returns to Italy means a lot of losses

papado

Reaction score
Is this from cettire? Read that u down one whole size from your usual JL size.. I still waiting for my pairs chapel n William new standard n is excited about it but quite worry about the fitting as returns to Italy means a lot of losses

Returns are free for US customers (which I am) so it wasn't an issue for me. I already returned a pair of 10UK Lopez as they were huge on me--just waiting for them to confirm receipt and issue refund.

I have a lower instep so that complicates some fittings but I can state that for standard sizing of oxfords/monks I am a 10UK in JL and I am a US 11D so the one size down is mostly correct barring exclusions and certain lasts/feet. Hope they work out for you.

papado

Reaction score
Any heel slop? Looks like a bit of space there.

Zero heel slip with the 9UK. I believe it's physically impossible for any pair of shoes to appear to have zero extra space in the heel when you're bending forward for a shoe photo :) It's just the angles and positioning of foot while bending over to take photo which makes it look like there is space.

Biogentic

Reaction score
Any opinion which oxford to get? Which of these looks appealing? Would like to get the Phillip II but not in my size :(

Didn't own any oxford in my shoes collection.. are both of them on the 7000 Last? Based on my US 9 sizing, i should get UK8 for these?

1. John Lobb Warwick Oxford Black
warwick black.jpg

2. John Lobb Holt 2019 Limited Edition Brown
John-Lobb-Holt_Brn-01.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If 7000 on non prestige 1 full size down from USA size is good. As mentioned earlier 7000 prestige is much more fitted overall.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any opinion which oxford to get? Which of these looks appealing? Would like to get the Phillip II but not in my size :(

Didn't own any oxford in my shoes collection.. are both of them on the 7000 Last? Based on my US 9 sizing, i should get UK8 for these?

1. John Lobb Warwick Oxford Black
View attachment 1634329
2. John Lobb Holt 2019 Limited Edition Brown
View attachment 1634330
To be honest they’re both plenty nice but if I had only one oxford in my collection it wouldn’t be either of those.

Biogentic

Reaction score
To be honest they’re both plenty nice but if I had only one oxford in my collection it wouldn’t be either of those.
For me as long as it is not too fugly looking, I would get it to wear, price is still very important consideration for me.

The William 2 new standard that I bought was US$611
The Holt 2019 is US$1150
The Warwick is US$920

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me as long as it is not too fugly looking, I would get it to wear, price is still very important consideration for me.

The William 2 new standard that I bought was US$611
The Holt 2019 is US$1150
The Warwick is US$920
I find the holt pretty ugly and not very versatile. A black austerity brogue is like oxford number 10 maybe - even then I’d rather have brown, navy or burgundy over black. Neither makes for a good one oxford collection.

Is there a reason it has to be Lobb? I ask because based on your question it doesn’t seem like it’s because they have a perfect last for you or something given you aren’t sure on sizing. I know this is the Lobb thread and I like their stuff - don’t get me wrong it’s great but they’re far from the only game in town or even the best (either overall or at that price point)

It seems like the thing you’re treating as the most important consideration is brand and then price if you’re only focused on Lobb and only what’s on sale currently. Speaking from experience I bought a bunch of stuff that didn’t make sense or was ugly because it was a good brand but way marked down. They collected dust or got sold off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads