• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fdyla

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the rider and brushed flannel can have the same shoulder and sleeve length measurements, but the rider sleeve ends an inch++ before the flannel sleeve?? The rider sleeves have always been too short for my liking and I’m trying to make sense of the size chart.

Fresh718

Reaction score
I highly doubt the rider will sell out fast. there are so many 3rd party retailer with rider sitting. Unless you got money to burn i see no reason to buy a rider at full price, even the blackmean ones make it to sale
Hmmm I was thinking it was a highly sought out item but seeing that summer soon starts will give it some time and see if I can get on sale

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of skinny denim you guys are trying out. I recently got a pair of the slim narrow RRL, which are an awesome fit. I haven’t worn double RL in some time, because their slim fit was a little too “wide” for me but these are great. They are skinny enough, and I wanted some not so skinny non stretch denim in my arsenal. They are 100% cotton so they are a little rough and I sized down one from my JE size. They are pretty damn skinny for raw, 100% cotton denim. Not the greatest pic but you get the point.
F241DA66-9C54-4407-A181-F4EF3FC3FD47.jpeg

Terrypercs

Reaction score
How much will Scarabs typically stretch? I can button them up but they fit a little tight in the thigh and waist. Didn’t really want the 36 as the waist measurement on those is 37 which is way too big for me. I’ll probably post a pic later

Also, is JE denim from Barney’s warehouse supposed to have original tags? Mine just has a Barney’s tag. My pair also seemed like it came with stacks towards the bottom and upper thigh. I’m not sure if Barney’s warehouse sells returns or that’s just how they come.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much will Scarabs typically stretch? I can button them up but they fit a little tight in the thigh and waist. Didn’t really want the 36 as the waist measurement on those is 37 which is way too big for me. I’ll probably post a pic later

Also, is JE denim from Barney’s warehouse supposed to have original tags? Mine just has a Barney’s tag. My pair also seemed like it came with stacks towards the bottom and upper thigh. I’m not sure if Barney’s warehouse sells returns or that’s just how they come.

Scarabs have baked in stacks and whiskers

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All JE denim stretches

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Yeah, the Bay Area is tough. I've lived in SF for about 5 years now. I am looking to move places and it's ridiculous everywhere, especially the parts of the city I want to live in. I'd live with your parents as long as possible. Stack up the dough while your expenses are low.

As far as your Dropbox stock options, last I heard, I think they're trying to open around an 8B valuation ($20/share). As someone who invests in the space a fair amount, I'd probably get rid of some of your ownership as soon as you're allowed. Not sure how long you've worked there but at 26 I am guessing a fair amount of your savings is tied up in their stock (not to mention your job). Would be nice to diversify. If something were to happen to the company it wouldn't be pretty to lose your job and savings in one fell swoop. Also, the industry is starting to be a crowded space. All the big boys want a piece of the action. Many with better integration built into their already huge user bases. Which means it's going to be harder to grow and at the very least, margins will shrink. DropBox's valuation has already dropped around 20% over the last few years despite huge growth amongst the Nasdaq. The macro environment will probably only get worse as we've just had one of the longest bull markets in history. Valuations are starting to get stretched across the board. Probably not a bad time to put some cash on the sidelines and wait for better opportunities. Just my two cents.

zabo358

Reaction score
Just got my springs back from the tailor, had to hem a few inches and did a very slight taper below the calf. What is the consensus with JE denim sizing here? My waist is normally around 30 inches but I sized these to a 29 based on the measurements I saw online. Thoughts on fit, too tight or just right? Also, I just ordered the last pair of size 29 obsidians from Ssense, really need a nice pair of all black denim, looking forward to them!

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7641.JPG

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking here for a while and am aware that different styles have different stretch; for example I heard that skittles don’t really have much stretch at all. But I digress.
The material of the Skittles denim is physically stretchy, but they don't stretch out permanently as much as other washes, that's correct. Skittles are by far the best fitting JE denim I own.

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my springs back from the tailor, had to hem a few inches and did a very slight taper below the calf. What is the consensus with JE denim sizing here? My waist is normally around 30 inches but I sized these to a 29 based on the measurements I saw online. Thoughts on fit, too tight or just right? Also, I just ordered the last pair of size 29 obsidians from Ssense, really need a nice pair of all black denim, looking forward to them!
Looks real good to me bro.

c_m_c

Reaction score

How tall are you and how many inches did you hem? I'm 5'5" and should probably get mines tailored but scared too for some reason.

papillo

Reaction score
There are several good washed of that L'Homme Skinny out right now, but the composition scares me. Most of them appear to have 5 or 6% stretch. Are they super stretchy or do they still feel like actual denim?

Yea that 5% made me pause a bit, but they do still feel like denim and are very comfortable. I took TTS but i definitely could have gone down one to fit my waist. I need to get it tailored a bit as its a tad bit longer than i like

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few random thoughts:
Don't gift Chinese people watches - bad omen.
Everybody I know from Dropbox seems pretty happy with how it's gone, especially people who have already left.
Certain parts of the bay area housing market are immune to any market fluctuations. Buy in those places.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52