• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue2007

Reaction score
Yeah, from the sounds of it the vintage hoodies do not have the heft or quality feel that a normal JE hoodie would have. I wouldn't let that turn you away form the brand. These are spring/summer hoodies mostly made for cool LA summer nights. For the most part, they make great stuff with some exceptions. In my experience, some of the seasonal stuff isn't as well thought out as it should be. They use materials that are cool but don't age exceptionally well. Who ever picks out the materials really needs to think more about longevity. Having a $350 overshirt and a $200 beanie start pilling after the second wear is unacceptable to me. I also don't see how this gets past them or if they just think, too late to make changes this will have to do.

You can't go wrong with the terry or the denim though. If you're new to JE I suggest you try the denim (Nimbus is my personal fave right now), an anti-expo shirt, and a raglan hoodie or crew. Those are my personal brand staples and pretty much my uniform.

I would argue that the raglan hoodies are also Spring/Summer hoodies. They really aren't that thick

wttm

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is thrown off by the sizing of JE. I feel like if you fit in your regular size then your good unless it's too small. Really depends on how you style them especially with all the layering, they're sweats for the most part it's fine if they're a little loose.

ChillFil

Reaction score
^^ I go small in everything, only downsize to XS on the oversized tees and I've had no fitting problems. IMO if you pay the price of JE clothing you gotta be satisfied with the fit, they're too pricey for you not to be.

Man I'm lucky I was sitting there hitting the refresh button. Crews dropped at 11:01est, quickly placed my order for the small yellow crew. I go back on the product page; small was already sold out. Lucky I didn't get cart-jacked.

ElmTree

Reaction score
For those of you who own the Basalt/Big tee, how would you compare it's collar to the collar of newest iteration of the Anti-expo tee? If found the new AE collars to be way too tight and constricting.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img9860.jpg

Masa 2 Indigo
Mr. Porter Co-Mix Kake Mock
White u-neck
Onyx
Off White Blazer

Also got red cashmere crew. I think the fit is fine, just not sure about the color. It is very bright. I prefer the beige version as I got both. Will post a photo soon as I was in a rush and did not try it yet. The quality on that piece is super nice.

img9870.jpg

djkillahcam

Reaction score
img9860.jpg

Masa 2 Indigo
Mr. Porter Co-Mix Kake Mock
White u-neck
Onyx
Off White Blazer

Also got red cashmere crew. I think the fit is fine, just not sure about the color. It is very bright. I prefer the beige version as I got both. Will post a photo soon as I was in a rush and did not try it yet. The quality on that piece is super nice.

img9870.jpg
Both fits = fire! Well done.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FBBC82DE-7D97-499D-978A-D4CBD52FACF4.jpeg
165941DF-CE28-4C40-8DAA-77B655932F0F.jpeg
1A3EA8DF-BED4-48FF-9EB6-289E56E5EC3F.jpeg

Got the black and natural plaid in...the color is not what I expected, not sure if it shows up in the pics but it is actually black, brown and natural/cream. Gives off more of a brown appearance than black. Based off the pics on JE I thought it was going to be a black, grey and cream/white.

Regarding the materials: they are very nice. One of the better JE flannels of recent. Reminds me of the material of the maroonx black and the slate black flannels of season 8. They also updated the fit so it doesn’t pull as much at the bottom button and the collar also seems to be updated so it actually lays properly.

I’m on th fence about the color, otherwise I would be keeping it

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 917240 View attachment 917239 View attachment 917241
Got the black and natural plaid in...the color is not what I expected, not sure if it shows up in the pics but it is actually black, brown and natural/cream. Gives off more of a brown appearance than black. Based off the pics on JE I thought it was going to be a black, grey and cream/white.

Regarding the materials: they are very nice. One of the better JE flannels of recent. Reminds me of the material of the maroonx black and the slate black flannels of season 8. They also updated the fit so it doesn’t pull as much at the bottom button and the collar also seems to be updated so it actually lays properly.

I’m on th fence about the color, otherwise I would be keeping it
damn the JE pics don’t pick up on the brown at all. They really have to step up in that department and show us a true representation of colour when a piece releases.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads