• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtruzman

Reaction score
How do you guys wash your Tees and Hoodies? Delicate cycle and on a drying rack/hanger?

Personally, it depends on the hoodie. Something with a RiRi zipper (especially matte black) I tend to use the "hand wash option on my washer and hang dry after. I only use a teaspoon of detergent as well. No fabric softener.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Yeah, I am pretty underwhelmed with the travel capsule. Which is ok, my wallet needs a break. Some others have already kind of touched on some things but, yeah, none of the items really appeal to me, wish they used Raglan over Kake, and mostly, wish the capsule was more travel centric. Would have been cool to see a backpack restock, maybe a leather duffle, luggage, or a headphone collab (not beats). Ebisu or some type of sweats with hidden zipper pockets would be nice as I’m always afraid things will fall out of my pockets if I rock sweats when I travel.

I tried the Topcoat on in person and it’s awful. It’s nice that JE is trying to be different but most people want something more classic when it comes to buying a cashmere topcoat. The oversized fit is going to look stupid next year and frankly already does IMO. Not to mention the coat just feels cheap. I did almost cop the cropped trousers this weekend at the Rand + Statler 20% off sale. They were nice but I wasn’t in love and was on the fence to whether I could rock that style. Left with the maroon beanie, at 20% off, it was somewhat reasonable and I have been loving it so far. Super soft with a great fit.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the difference between these “travel pants” and the pleated chinos is. They look to be the same pant with slightly less taper? Maybe a different material, but overall the same style.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to see more fits of these. I feel like we only saw a few. Looked good up a size, not sure about TTS. whats the consensus?

I’d personally go tts myself but there were only a couple of fit pics on here that I remember.

royal3

Reaction score
Personally, it depends on the hoodie. Something with a RiRi zipper (especially matte black) I tend to use the "hand wash option on my washer and hang dry after. I only use a teaspoon of detergent as well. No fabric softener.

Do you just use a wood hanger?

npa23

Reaction score
Yeah, I am pretty underwhelmed with the travel capsule. Which is ok, my wallet needs a break. Some others have already kind of touched on some things but, yeah, none of the items really appeal to me, wish they used Raglan over Kake, and mostly, wish the capsule was more travel centric. Would have been cool to see a backpack restock, maybe a leather duffle, luggage, or a headphone collab (not beats). Ebisu or some type of sweats with hidden zipper pockets would be nice as I’m always afraid things will fall out of my pockets if I rock sweats when I travel.

I tried the Topcoat on in person and it’s awful. It’s nice that JE is trying to be different but most people want something more classic when it comes to buying a cashmere topcoat. The oversized fit is going to look stupid next year and frankly already does IMO. Not to mention the coat just feels cheap. I did almost cop the cropped trousers this weekend at the Rand + Statler 20% off sale. They were nice but I wasn’t in love and was on the fence to whether I could rock that style. Left with the maroon beanie, at 20% off, it was somewhat reasonable and I have been loving it so far. Super soft with a great fit.

Yeah went to the sale too.... Really wasn't impressed with the trousers at all especially at the price point. Did Rand ever carry the stadium jacket?

vaeMD

Reaction score
blackmeans
classic crew
cast 2 graphite

C9DBDAA6-BF5A-411A-B1A9-F280D26C58E4.jpeg

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let go of the size small black Pleated Chinos if anyone would like them before I return to JE. They're sold out and I'm just looking for retail.

ChronBong

Reaction score
Helmut Lang/Zam Barrett/JE/CP

View attachment 866997

you mustve gotten the coat shortened quite a bit as it looks doesn't look proportional length + pocket ratio....or maybe its the angle.

how tall are u?
Speaking of overcoat, what are some other options I can look at? Acne?

i just bought an officine generale overcoat in anthracite . excellent piece. you can look at paul smith, sandro, tiger of sweden, ami...depending on ur price range, go to farfetch and look it up.

u'd want to find something that can be worn casually everyday not too dressy.

dont pick camel as ur first, that is the 2nd option after u get either navy/black/charcoal.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you mustve gotten the coat shortened quite a bit as it looks doesn't look proportional length + pocket ratio....or maybe its the angle.

how tall are u?

Angle, it's not shortened. 5 ft 10.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nsub—it’s long man, I’d say mid thigh. ESP since I got a size medium to get that baggy look. But it’s cool—worked under my coat. Not the most clean sophisticated look, but looks fine alone. I’ll take a picture w/o the coat later today.

The cardigan makes you feel like an midday nap all day long. Wonder if the crew is as thick?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads