• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MilesMW

Reaction score

So if I'm normally a 32 waist, I should size down to 31?

Also, do the majority of JE denim owners get their denims altered (i.e. inseams and leg openings), or do they look best stock. I know it's a very broad question.

I've always gone tts at a 32" and it's perfect. No alterations needed for the new cut. But everyone's body proportions are unique.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm always ready for the warm months but I'm not ready to put away my JE sweats & hoodies yet. Love em!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the mr p destroyed denim in, kind of a weird color imo, it's dark in my place so I'll have to check them out in day light. First impression, prob not going to keep them. Color looks very diesel circa early 2000s. Ordered the coba and they shipped this morning, we'll see what's better.

tmartin94

Reaction score
Okay everyone I just pulled the trigger and bought myself a medium slate parachute jacket and am wondering if I ordered the wrong size. Fortunately I have the option to change the size before it ships out. I am between 6'0/6'1 and weigh 150lbs. I have messaged a bunch of people on here already about the sizing and most have agreed Im between a medium and large. I want to be able to wear a hoodie underneath as well just a tee during warmer months. I wear a medium or large in mercer tees, medium in mercer half zip and large in hooded villain. Thoughts?

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Just got the mr p destroyed denim in, kind of a weird color imo, it's dark in my place so I'll have to check them out in day light. First impression, prob not going to keep them. Color looks very diesel circa early 2000s. Ordered the coba and they shipped this morning, we'll see what's better.
i just ordered the cobas too. i also have the mr. p destroyed and am gonna keep whichever is better. im a week passed the return period for mr porter so hopefully they are cool aout letting me return them if i keep the cobas. i actually like the color and distressing of the mr p denim but just hate the weird patches underneath everything.

GBlue

Reaction score

Thanks for your feedbacks! Very interesting variations for different people. What are your height/weight? It'd be awesome if you could post some pics for a visual reference :)

I'm 6'1" 190lbs with a sz 34 waist.
Went true to size with the Cast 2 Plumas.
If you happen to have thick thighs like me, I suggest getting them true to size. Yes, the waist and thighs will stretch a little bit but sizing down to stretch them will just end up giving you carrot legs imo.

I wouldn't recommend the sizing down option unless the difference between your thighs and legs knee down aren't that big otherwise it'll make you look top-heavy.

Last edited:

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Yeah I don't have pencil legs so I'm thinking of going TTS on the denim. I'm assuming your villain is an XL?

I'm 6'1" 190lbs with a sz 34 waist.
Went true to size with the Cast 2 Plumas.
If you happen to have thick thighs like me, I suggest getting them true to size. Yes, the waist and thighs will stretch a little bit but sizing down to stretch them will just end up giving you carrot legs imo.

I wouldn't recommend the sizing down option unless the difference between your thighs and legs knee down aren't that big otherwise it'll make you look top-heavy.

octobersown

Reaction score
It would be nice to see him collaborate with Nikelab on some athletic wear as they've done with other brands, not just the vandals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads