• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
damn got to it too late all sold out. if anyone gets the denim in size 31-34 and it doesnt fit i will trade you all of these items for it, most of which have been worn 1-2 times. all size large. have other stuff too.
-grey kitos
-longsleeve charcoal extended mercer
-LS grey uneck
-LS charcoal uneck
-midnight mercer
-olive mercer

kevinhaughey

Reaction score
So what is the deal with the Kake hoodie anyways? Is this gonna be restocked or release at other retailers and/or in other colors? I need that in my life immediately. **** is ultra dope.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just got the confirmation that part of my order from Black Friday has been cancelled due to incorrect inventory. Sure took them a while to figure that out.

Potsnu

Reaction score
Everyone needs to relax, there is more than likely going to be a restock. Web exclusive is a way for John Elliott to rake in some cash. Typical markup from dead net cost is 230%. When John Elliott sells to a retailer, they need to sell it to them at wholesale cost and the retailer marks it up to 230% from DNC. So the profit margin for John Elliott to sell to retailers at wholesale price is significantly less than selling direct to you.

Would not be surprised to see a restock on a more general release for SS16, hence why it's called a Pre-SS16 collection. Plus there's probably all sorts of manufacturing constraints and they posted the first production batch for web only. Even the loopwheel was restocked and people were freaking out on that one.

In regards to how John Elliott offers slim clothing and not Size 27 waist or XS consistently. Just because a designer offers slim clothing doesn't mean they necessarily offer clothing for anorexic malnourished individuals. Quite honestly, I used to be at that point 6-7 years ago. Go eat a balanced diet, go work out a little and get to a normal weight. You're wasting money buying clothes at 120lbs, unless you want to stay at that weight for the rest of your life. You're going to struggle buying any clothes off the rack.

/endrant

b19pen15

Reaction score
Just because a designer offers slim clothing doesn't mean they necessarily offer clothing for anorexic malnourished individuals. Quite honestly, I used to be at that point 6-7 years ago. Go eat a balanced diet, go work out a little and get to a normal weight. You're wasting money buying clothes at 120lbs, unless you want to stay at that weight for the rest of your life. You're going to struggle buying any clothes off the rack.

/endrant

Totally-- And they should get rid of XL while they're at it, because they shouldn't offer clothing for obese individuals. Those people need to work out a little and get to a normal weight. And they should get rid of S and L too, since only M's, or rather whatever size you are, should be allowed to walk this earth.

/endstupidity

Seminole21

Reaction score
Totally-- And they should get rid of XL while they're at it, because they shouldn't offer clothing for obese individuals. Those people need to work out a little and get to a normal weight. And they should get rid of S and L too, since only M's, or rather whatever size you are, should be allowed to walk this earth.

/endstupidity
Actually they should only make clothes in XXL because we are either jacked from lifting or fat from eating. Keeping the big guys happy is the only way to ensure the safety of the rest of humanity. #FeedmefleshandIron

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its funny people are forgetting genetics in all of this. Not everyone can be big. If you are short, your average weight will never be more than 140-150 if you are healthy. In that range, xs might be your best bet. In Asian countries, the sizing is generally always smaller. also a small might be too long, etc.

in either case, the JE brand really isn't for the super small or the super big. Not the end of the world, but I get why some people need / want the smaller sizes.

lustforluxury

Reaction score
Sooo my order status from black friday still says "unfulfilled" and payment status says "partially refunded" but the charge has been of my card since I made the purchase. Haven't received any updates on tracking info or nothing whatsoever from john elliott.... is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:

gunnerpunk

Reaction score
Sweet. Just received my Hanois, did a quick try on in he work bathroom. Sorry for ****** fit pic. Just wanted to make sure they fit. Took some closer detail shots too. Just enough room in the thighs and tapered as **** from the knee down. Overall, pretty pleased with the fit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads