• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In regards to the Escobar complaint, I don't think he was saying the quality of the Escobar has dropped. He's saying the Escobar bags out too much due to the terry material not being able to retain it's shape. Therefore, he's hoping for some innovation or change to create less of the bag effect. Don't want to speak for someone else, but that's what I got out of that second part of the post.

I see that as well. It's a fine line and we love the Escobar as-is. While we have no motivation to do so, if we changed it the conversation would swing the other way for some. The rest of that post was loaded with quite a lot, and I have to say, as someone whose been here from the jump, it makes my head spin a bit when I see comments like this.

ggss09

Reaction score

$175 CAD (~$125 USD) for anyone interested in the CAT LA sweatpants!

@MIKE_JE will the LA Sweatpants in Washed Black (Size M) see a future restock at all? Regret not getting them...

isculpt

Reaction score
Have to jump in here. While I don't normally do this, I'd just like to chime in and let you know that it's the same team at JE grinding it out (myself included!) since I started this thread in 2013.

We've grown a bit...added some wonderful employees to the team - and at the end of each day - we run an honest business. We aren't price gouging you like some contemporaries. We put out the highest quality product we can with the best price we can offer. That's been the same since we started.

Speaking on the Escobar specifically, that product hasn't changed since 2014. Same composition, same mill, same fit. We updated the drawstring to have aglets - the quality improved. The cynicism is a bit disheartening as we haven't cut corners or quality on anything. We work to improve it across the board.

I believe you and I love the brand, **** I bought 5 pieces these past two weeks through all the sales going on (once the last piece arrives, I'll post a haul pic) , and I agree that the majority of the products have increased or maintained quality. BUT there are a few examples out there of the quality of CERTAIN pieces declining while the price increased.. Not saying this was planned or done with intent. But objectively speaking it has happened.

I own 5 different iterations of the Bogota bomber: OG Bogota in Forest, Bogota II in Bone and Black, OG leather version, and the Nicasio Bogota in Black. By far the most recent release, the Nicasio Bogota, is noticeably of lesser quality than the other 4.
In fact the other 4 seem to be of marginally the same, great quality vs the Nicasio. Discounting the leather version, all the previous bombers were around the same price, yet the Nicasio costed $100 more.
Still like the Nicasio, the wash/color is great and really stands out, but I'd be lying if I said it was as good as the other past releases.
*Kanye shrug*

shaidripp

Reaction score
Just got the LA sweats in :bounce2:

0C575612-DF31-4491-B866-9D448ED5AC12.jpeg

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score
I haven't bought jeans since Hedi was at Saint Laurent but ordered 2 pairs from the Nordstrom sale today. Hoping The Cast 2 is a nice fit for me because I struggle to find other brands with washes I like.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Have to jump in here. While I don't normally do this, I'd just like to chime in and let you know that it's the same team at JE grinding it out (myself included!) since I started this thread in 2013.

We've grown a bit...added some wonderful employees to the team - and at the end of each day - we run an honest business. We aren't price gouging you like some contemporaries. We put out the highest quality product we can with the best price we can offer. That's been the same since we started.

Speaking on the Escobar specifically, that product hasn't changed since 2014. Same composition, same mill, same fit. We updated the drawstring to have aglets - the quality improved. The cynicism is a bit disheartening as we haven't cut corners or quality on anything. We work to improve it across the board.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Mike. I do take a more direct approach, and try to limit beating around the bush as I own businesses myself and 100% appreciate transparency over anything. My comments are solely based on what I (and others on here) have experienced. Removing the double details on denim does not necessarily improve a product, I would say that is a great example of corner cutting. Swapping in YKK for RiRi may be viewed as same. I should note I own over 20+ Pairs of JE pants/jeans alone, and my tops closet is 75% JE. I am a Stan and if I did not care about this brand I would just move on

In regards to the Escobar complaint, I don't think he was saying the quality of the Escobar has dropped. He's saying the Escobar bags out too much due to the terry material not being able to retain it's shape. Therefore, he's hoping for some innovation or change to create less of the bag effect. Don't want to speak for someone else, but that's what I got out of that second part of the post.

I see that as well. It's a fine line and we love the Escobar as-is. While we have no motivation to do so, if we changed it the conversation would swing the other way for some. The rest of that post was loaded with quite a lot, and I have to say, as someone whose been here from the jump, it makes my head spin a bit when I see comments like this.

Great point with the swing, I guess going thicker (or re-enforcing) may create new problems, I can see that. Thanks

nick227

Reaction score
Got my Sochis in... torn between keeping an S and an M, but they’re super fire quality in hand.

nick227

Reaction score
What is your typical sizing? Any pics?

excuse the ****** lighting and ripped Gucci slides (from my trip to Shenzhen LOL), I’m leaning towards S right now - seems like a nice tailored fit and a bit cleaner. I’m a 30 in Cast 2, S in JE shorts (never had any other sweats)

D8F50340-DD28-4AEC-854D-712D8930BC6C.jpeg 7AFAC59B-F161-4059-B912-97059C87E47E.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads