• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tommo

Reaction score
Why you sending it back?

Just not for me mate. Im 6'3, so its just not long enough to look good. It basically just looks like a faded long sleeve Tee you'd get from gap or something!

Its a lovely piece and the quality is there, its just the University doesnt have the length in the body to work for taller chaps in my opinion.

Wicked colour though.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forreal, so sad that they had to extend that back, cause the Art Deco is so dope
If I didn’t have the jelly shorts I’d be buying the Art Deco shorts. They are dope AF

66CAD187-E8E9-4F83-A9D7-CBEA640EFF40.jpeg

Rnt

Reaction score
If I didn’t have the jelly shorts I’d be buying the Art Deco shorts. They are dope AF

View attachment 1147807
I understand you can't justify having both but the design is so cool and perfect colors. Im very sad about the fit of the shirts,

Edit: the back length just makes it too feminine for me, nothing wrong with that but feels like I picked one from my gf's closet the morning, hope I don't offend anyone.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Just not for me mate. Im 6'3, so its just not long enough to look good. It basically just looks like a faded long sleeve Tee you'd get from gap or something!

Its a lovely piece and the quality is there, its just the University doesnt have the length in the body to work for taller chaps in my opinion.

Wicked colour though.
If you Aren’t tall and love JE count your blessings - I have a few cropped pieces that Would hit hard if they were a Bit longer. Same goes for jeans, you can always alter but you can never add length, an extra 1.5” inseam really bring the torch home for me

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shield today. The lack of pockets don't phase me.

View attachment 1147919
Is that a peanuts and co necklace?

Re: the storms and your outfit. I think those Jordan’s are very hard to pull off, you need to color coordinate very well. I don’t think the green works with the polarizing blue, I think you’d be better off with black pants.

When I think of those shoes I just imagine changing the swoosh with the color of pants I’d/you’d be wearing. If in your imagination the swoosh looks good, then the pants should work. So in this example, imagine the green of your pants replaced the black swoosh, would that look appropriate? If you think so then you’re good, if it would look off then maybe consider changing the pants.

My 2 cents and in no way is correct or meant to make you feel bad.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a peanuts and co necklace?

Re: the storms and your outfit. I think those Jordan’s are very hard to pull off, you need to color coordinate very well. I don’t think the green works with the polarizing blue, I think you’d be better off with black pants.

When I think of those shoes I just imagine changing the swoosh with the color of pants I’d/you’d be wearing. If in your imagination the swoosh looks good, then the pants should work. So in this example, imagine the green of your pants replaced the black swoosh, would that look appropriate? If you think so then you’re good, if it would look off then maybe consider changing the pants.

My 2 cents and in no way is correct or meant to make you feel bad.

No it's all good man!!! I agree...to be honest these are my only AJ1s that I wear in crappy weather so I'm a bit limited. Should have probably worn my ghost grey high tops from Epaulet with these. However...they did match my blue and white LA Dodgers hat :)

And your eye is bananas. That is indeed a peanuts and co chain and pendant. Damn.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind the tobacco shirts, but I wish they didn’t have the lower pockets, JE putting pockets on everything except the men’s denim jackets... smh. The tobacco shirts look to have sold well, which is surprising because nothing is selling well these days

The thing that’s puzzling to me are the departure shirts. That Art Deco colorway is dope but the extra long tail is a no go. JE already makes their outerwear insanely cropped, can you imagine how exaggerated that would look with one of these shirts on?

The tobacco shirts are nice but a bit surprised as well they sold so quick. Yellow looks to be see through which is a bummer? Looking at grabbing one eventually but probably olive or black. As for the deco shirt I really don’t mind the long tail but with JE jackets it would be too exaggerated unless someone simply prefers that look. Regarding long shirts I have a Rhude rhider flannel from a couple of seasons back that has an extended tail and I really like it so might try the JE shirts at discount eventually.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it's all good man!!! I agree...to be honest these are my only AJ1s that I wear in crappy weather so I'm a bit limited. Should have probably worn my ghost grey high tops from Epaulet with these. However...they did match my blue and white LA Dodgers hat :)

And your eye is bananas. That is indeed a peanuts and co chain and pendant. Damn.
I have those shoes man, never wear them, too hard for me to pull off, can never seem to get the colors right

capooo

Reaction score
Pretty new to the brand, and new to this site. I’m hoping some summer color tees drop in Mercer or AE fit. Odds of this happening?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. Was really looking forward to picking one of the type IIIs up.
If this makes you feel better
78C6D5A7-07F9-4DC9-B29C-E8567B9AE1D6.png

He’s watching us...

Edit: just had a really cool convo with John on insta... he’s a cool dude, really receptive. I asked him not to punch me if we ever met, he agreed to not punch me, I guess we’ll see.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics