• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm leaning towards a large considering you and the poster above both have similar measurements. I'm assuming you like a looser fit with the hoodie like you do with your shirts; or do you also prefer snug? Appreciate the helping hand, thanks.

I prefer slim fitted hoodie. Here is one photo from ealy this year when I get this quilted villain crew. It is really slim if the zippers are fully zipped and on this photo is already stretched because when first tried on it was really slim fit. I don't have any other photo at the moment.

Last edited:

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I wear XL in tees and XL in the villian. I would get the same size if you like the fit of your current tee's. The fit might be initially snug but the villian does break in very nicely. If you want a roomier fit or fit that will wear great out of the bag a large would do, but I think after a few wears you'll dislike the fit.

This is what's caused the back-and-forth between M and L. I've heard about the hoodie loosening up after a little wear; I don't plan on using it as an everyday piece so I don't think I'll over stretch it with a lot of wear, but I've also read it'll shrink back to its original state after a wash. You're right though, I'd hate for it to start to feel loose after. Feels like I'm back at square one lol; I am leaning towards buying tonight in an L with the guys' advice.

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I prefer slim fitted hoodie. Here is one photo from ealy this year when I get this quilted villain crew. It is really slim if the zippers are fully zipped and on this photo is already stretched because when first tried on it was really slim fit. I don't have any other photo at the moment.
That's a great fit, pretty much what I'm going for. I've read crew necks running a little smaller, but you go L in both villain crews and hoodies? And considering that's stretched after wear it still fits nicely slim. Thanks a lot! Major help and that picture really helped. Btw, those multicolours are just beautiful; love rocking my Flyknits with fitted sweats like you. Good stuff man.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great fit, pretty much what I'm going for. I've read crew necks running a little smaller, but you go L in both villain crews and hoodies? And considering that's stretched after wear it still fits nicely slim. Thanks a lot! Major help and that picture really helped. Btw, those multicolours are just beautiful; love rocking my Flyknits with fitted sweats like you. Good stuff man.

I have all hoodies in size L and the fit is basically the same. Villan Crew, Hooded Villain, Dual Flash Zip and Riga Hoddie. Need to get burgundy villain hoodie asap.

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I have all hoodies in size L and the fit is basically the same. Villan Crew, Hooded Villain, Dual Flash Zip and Riga Hoddie. Need to get burgundy villain hoodie asap. 

Ah okay, that's a lot more comforting to hear. I'm going with L. Me too, last thing I want is to miss out and have it not restock. Thanks so much, you were a great help! Nice JE sweater rotation you got going.

LuckyG61

Reaction score
Anybody ever have a problem checking out from the official site; I keep clicking on a L which is available, however my cart keeps registering it as a size M. This for the Villain hoodie in burgundy.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Anybody ever have a problem checking out from the official site; I keep clicking on a L which is available, however my cart keeps registering it as a size M. This for the Villain hoodie in burgundy.
Yeah it's a bug they are working on it. Just use Safari or Mobile.

fl1992

Reaction score

Couldn't have asked for a better answer; seems every time I use someone in my height range as a reference, they're a good 20-30 pounds lighter. I was worried because the model's weight, although his fit is what I was essentially aiming for. My only concern is, like other have said, is the sweater loosening up after a few wears. Thanks a lot man.

Np man. My hoodies in large fit snug and my tees in large are long and due to the stretchy material they just feel kinda slouchier but I like it that way. I could probably size down to a medium in tees and have them fit snug but I couldnt imagine sizing down to a medium in the hoodies. It also depends on your body shape though, I personally have broad shoulders and the medium would fit tight and restrictive. Hope this helps

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is a L crew. I'm usually a US 40 or EU 50 in tops. I'm a drop 8 and change.

Last edited:

LuckyG61

Reaction score

Np man. My hoodies in large fit snug and my tees in large are long and due to the stretchy material they just feel kinda slouchier but I like it that way. I could probably size down to a medium in tees and have them fit snug but I couldnt imagine sizing down to a medium in the hoodies. It also depends on your body shape though, I personally have broad shoulders and the medium would fit tight and restrictive. Hope this helps

I could size up to a large in shirts but medium gives me the perfect aesthetic I'm looking for; I definitely get the slouchier look, though. The fact that you couldn't imagine sizing down in the hoodies says a lot about the fit; glad you guys helped steer me towards large. I'm just like you, I have broad shoulders and despite being lean, have a bigger bone structure, so you're a good point of reference for me. Did you notice your villain form back into its initial fit after washing it? And absolutely, helped a lot; I've been mulling it for awhile so I really do appreciate your help, helped me to finally pull the trigger. Let you guys know how it fits when it arrives.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

This may perhaps be a silly question but can you iron wrinkles out of the tees? Or is there a specific, recommended method to get wrinkles out of the tees?

Not sure if someone else already responded to this, but I recommend using a garment steamer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads