• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fl1992

Reaction score

I could size up to a large in shirts but medium gives me the perfect aesthetic I'm looking for; I definitely get the slouchier look, though. The fact that you couldn't imagine sizing down in the hoodies says a lot about the fit; glad you guys helped steer me towards large. I'm just like you, I have broad shoulders and despite being lean, have a bigger bone structure, so you're a good point of reference for me. Did you notice your villain form back into its initial fit after washing it? And absolutely, helped a lot; I've been mulling it for awhile so I really do appreciate your help, helped me to finally pull the trigger. Let you guys know how it fits when it arrives.

If anything it has just conformed to my body over time, but not stretched beyond that. So it's never really been loose. To be honest when I wash it (I rarely wash it) it doesn't really feel like the fit changes. It just still fits my body like a glove.
(Referring to the black one I've had for a year now, the sand I've only had for about a month)

If anyone from JE is reading this - your hoodies are amazing and I refuse to buy hoodies from anywhere else now.

gratata

Reaction score
I bought a White Mercer tee from the gap collection. After the first wash there are clear stains on it that wont come out now. I've never had any issues like this with other JE tees I have washed the same way, numerous times. Anything you guys can do or recommend?

optimaasprime

Reaction score

I bought a White Mercer tee from the gap collection.  After the first wash there are clear stains on it that wont come out now.  I've never had any issues like this with other JE tees I have washed the same way, numerous times.  Anything you guys can do or recommend? 
shout?

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Will we know the contents of the Shadow collection this week? Ready to make my next purchase but want to wait out to see whats in the capsule first.

treysolez90

Reaction score
Picked up a white hooded villain for 100 shipped last night so stoked only thing I currently own from JE is the gap villain, sweats and jeans. Also ordered the gap baseball jacket for 40% off tonight

StPauli

Reaction score
Picked up a white hooded villain for 100 shipped last night so stoked only thing I currently own from JE is the gap villain, sweats and jeans. Also ordered the gap baseball jacket for 40% off tonight
How did you manage that? I thought they had hidden that item for the 40% off sale.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will we know the contents of the Shadow collection this week? Ready to make my next purchase but want to wait out to see whats in the capsule first.

Yes, we will be releasing details soon.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I bought a White Mercer tee from the gap collection.  After the first wash there are clear stains on it that wont come out now.  I've never had any issues like this with other JE tees I have washed the same way, numerous times.  Anything you guys can do or recommend? 

Unfortunately, although we were intimately involved in the design process, Gap produced and sold these items. I'm not sure what to recommend beyond the obvious.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clear stains sounds like you got some grease on your shirt, use a little dish soap and rub into the stains before washing

DJosey

Reaction score
Letting go of a pair of Cast Coasts size 29 for pretty cheap. Let me know if interested.
Edit: SOLD.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads