• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
They both aren't hariy but have that fuzzy texture. They aren't too thick or thin,imo the right amount of weight. I got mediums in both and they fit me nicely. I wear medium in everything. Tees, villains, rest of the hoodies.

How Tall are you and weight?

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
FYI Gap is having 40% off, no exclusion use Coupon Code : SHOP

Finally pulled the trigger on the blue coast selvedged jeans for $75 :)

ohyoumad

Reaction score
Question: The crewneck Villains is the neck of those easy to stretch out? I just got a black quilted Crewneck Villain from someone, and I'm in love with everything except the neck. Shirts are showing underneath it both from the front and the back. i've tried JE and non JE shirts..non JE are worse. Will a wash tighten it back up?

Jasonronn

Reaction score
Question: The crewneck Villains is the neck of those easy to stretch out? I just got a black quilted Crewneck Villain from someone, and I'm in love with everything except the neck. Shirts are showing underneath it both from the front and the back. i've tried JE and non JE shirts..non JE are worse. Will a wash tighten it back up?

The quilted crew neck was originally released with a wider neck than the current crew. It was updated after the release to close the neck and lose the quilting. The current ones have a much smaller neck. I had the same issue and it seemed like JE changed it due to customer feedback. Another reason I love this brand.

Last edited:

ohyoumad

Reaction score

The quilted crew neck was originally released with a wider neck than the current crew. It was updated after the release to close the neck and lose the quilting. The current ones have a much smaller neck. I had the same issue and it seemed like JE changed it due to customer feedback. Another reason I love this brand.

Ah man, I shoulda done the research before buying this. Thanks for the response though, that's good to know they aren't currently like that anymore. And yep, you're right. Listening to the customer >>

dcvm1979

Reaction score
Any word on that kiev yet?? Literally killing me John elliott

LuckyG61

Reaction score
I've been wanting to buy the Villain hoodie in burgundy; I'm torn between a size M or L. I wear M in both my classic crew and classic crew silk blend, and they fit just fine. I prefer a slim look like the model on the site, at nearly 5'11, 173lbs, would you guys still suggest sizing up to an L. I'm not looking for a looser fit like some, more so fitted, and my preference would usually be zips all the way down, so I'm concerned in how a M would fit in that regard. I usually wear M in most shirts/sweaters. I understand its generally said to size up in Villains, and since I'm in Canada, returns feel like a hassle; if anybody could chime in and heed me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

I've been wanting to buy the Villain hoodie in burgundy; I'm torn between a size M or L. I wear M in both my classic crew and classic crew silk blend, and they fit just fine. I prefer a slim look like the model on the site, at nearly 5'11, 173lbs, would you guys still suggest sizing up to an L. I'm not looking for a looser fit like some, more so fitted, and my preference would usually be zips all the way down, so I'm concerned in how a M would fit in that regard. I usually wear M in most shirts/sweaters. I understand its generally said to size up in Villains, and since I'm in Canada, returns feel like a hassle; if anybody could chime in and heed me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.
Should fit the same around your body, just going to have more material on around your neck

fl1992

Reaction score

I'm 5'10 and 175 and wear a large in the villain (i own black and sand). They fit perfectly, very slim, can be worn with the zippers all the way zipped or slightly drapey with them unzipped. I think I remember the models weight being listed at 155 so at almost 20 pounds heavier Id recommend you go for a large. Other people have mentioned the tees fitting bigger than the hoodies as well

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also suggest you to go for L in hoodie. I am 5'11 and 175 and villain in L fits me perfect. I also have all tees in L but they fit more loose than hoodie and this is just how I wanted. M would be skin tight in hoodie.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Just to clarify, that's if I size up to a large? Thanks a lot, appreciate your help.
I wear XL in tees and XL in the villian. I would get the same size if you like the fit of your current tee's. The fit might be initially snug but the villian does break in very nicely. If you want a roomier fit or fit that will wear great out of the bag a large would do, but I think after a few wears you'll dislike the fit.

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I'm 5'10 and 175 and wear a large in the villain (i own black and sand). They fit perfectly, very slim, can be worn with the zippers all the way zipped or slightly drapey with them unzipped. I think I remember the models weight being listed at 155 so at almost 20 pounds heavier Id recommend you go for a large. Other people have mentioned the tees fitting bigger than the hoodies as well

Couldn't have asked for a better answer; seems every time I use someone in my height range as a reference, they're a good 20-30 pounds lighter. I was worried because the model's weight, although his fit is what I was essentially aiming for. My only concern is, like other have said, is the sweater loosening up after a few wears. Thanks a lot man.

LuckyG61

Reaction score

I also suggest you to go for L in hoodie. I am 5'11 and 175 and villain in L fits me perfect. I also have all tees in L but they fit more loose than hoodie and this is just how I wanted. M would be skin tight in hoodie.

I think I'm leaning towards a large considering you and the poster above both have similar measurements. I'm assuming you like a looser fit with the hoodie like you do with your shirts; or do you also prefer snug? Appreciate the helping hand, thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads