• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone else size down a full size in vandals? i'm a 12 in most shoes including nike but i felt the 11.5 was still a bit big/wide on me.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone else size down a full size in vandals? i'm a 12 in most shoes including nike but i felt the 11.5 was still a bit big/wide on me.
I'm a true size 8 and got 7.5 and 7. I did feel like 7.5 had a bit of room and i like my shoes snug. 7 felt good and snug but after walking around a bit my foot would hit the end occasionally and the width wasn't as comfortable. Half down (7.5) ended up being perfect for wearing around for longer periods of time. Feet swell a bit when walking too so keep that in mind.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As some of you might've seen in the BST thread I finally got ahold of the Coast shorts I had wanted for so long and they were massive, so I ended up picking up a pair of OG Coasts for a good deal and will be cutting them myself. I've seen the Dremel tool mentioned countless times so I may invest in that, but it seems like replicating some of JE's distressing (especially near the left knee with the white thread, which is my favorite part) may still be tough to do. I'll post some pics in here when I'm done
IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As some of you might've seen in the BST thread I finally got ahold of the Coast shorts I had wanted for so long and they were massive, so I ended up picking up a pair of OG Coasts for a good deal and will be cutting them myself. I've seen the Dremel tool mentioned countless times so I may invest in that, but it seems like replicating some of JE's distressing (especially near the left knee with the white thread, which is my favorite part) may still be tough to do. I'll post some pics in here when I'm done
View attachment 819604

View attachment 819606
That should be fairly easy to do. Just cut the jeans where you want them to lie. Then pull the horizontal/longitudinal/weft threads down with tweezers away from the vertical/warp threads. It's the same if you wanted to make knee rips. Or think of it when you step on the hem of a pair of jeans, the weft pulls away from the warp and you get hanging threads. It's really should be simple, there's lots of videos on you tube as well.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a true size 8 and got 7.5 and 7. I did feel like 7.5 had a bit of room and i like my shoes snug. 7 felt good and snug but after walking around a bit my foot would hit the end occasionally and the width wasn't as comfortable. Half down (7.5) ended up being perfect for wearing around for longer periods of time. Feet swell a bit when walking too so keep that in mind.
I think they feel big because the toe box is really roomy. If you have skinny feet they feel big even though the length is the right size.

ASpec818

Reaction score
View attachment 819604

View attachment 819606
keep us posted with the results

hyyvii

Reaction score
I sized one whole sized and that didn't work out. Just depends on how you like your shoes to fit I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads