• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
Fog PacSun quality don't come close to JE. More like fog pacsun = Gap JE. But Gap JE quality is slight better lol

Fog gears are known to be oversized so size down.

Hope it helps

jthom931

Reaction score

Can anyone who owns both JE and FOG Pacsun sweatshirts comments on the fit and quality differences? Since FOG's price is practically second hand JE's price. Just curious since I don't own any FOG sweatshirts and thinking about purchasing a few. Thanks!

Also, where can I get the best deal of JE products from retails/boutiques, so far I heard that Notre gives 15% off for first purchase.

I'd retract that question before you get some mad hate on here for comparing FOG (pacsun edition, nonetheless) to JE, haha

From my experience anyways (I own 3 flash dual zips and a limited villain hoodie in Japanese loop wheel fabric) they are the best sweatshirts I have ever owned in terms of quality, longetivity and fit. They all wash well and don't bag out/stretch

I own a ton of Reigning champ and wings and horns sweaters/hoodies (Canadian made menswear brands) and watched them fade to the back of my closet while my JE gear is worn essentially everyday now, outstanding product

Last edited:

saxvan2015

Reaction score
Thanks. But wow, that kinda surprises me. Is FOG's quality that bad or is GAP JE's quality that good, lol. Personally don't own any GAP JE item, but from my last year's experience with GAP Stampd LA, I would say their fit and quality are really bad.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
Lets just stick to the JE talk here...don't think FOG gets much love here...

Btw..I'm comparing fog pacsun to gap JE, not Fear of god by itself.

saxvan2015

Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone. I am asking purely out of curiosity. I own a lot of JE sweatshirts as well and can't say enough good thing about them. I just really want to know how FOG's quality compared to JE's since I heard mainly positive feedbacks for the latest release(From Youtube).

NikeOG

Reaction score
I went to the Grove to check out the GapxGQ collab with JE. The fit and feel of the produce was OKAY.... wasn't the best wasn't the worst. But at those prices I would expect the craftsmenship to be a lil bit better.

I'm happy for the brand. It's good seeing brands collab with larger retailers so there able to present their product to a larger demographic. I give props for that.

Moto jacket was sold out. Heard there was a line for it. Also all tees and sand jacket were gone.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know people have been asking about the raw edge. Here is mine true to size. I don't think you need to size down on it

Disregard the dirty mirror.

Also on the gap Escobars waist definitely size down. I tried on the xs and they fit waist wise but kind of too tight below the knee. The cuff was also weird. I wanted a pair to wear at home and not care if they get messed up but I don't think the price is worth it for that and the fit wasn't really the best

Last edited:

peter1234930

Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone. I am asking purely out of curiosity. I own a lot of JE sweatshirts as well and can't say enough good thing about them. I just really want to know how FOG's quality compared to JE's since I heard mainly positive feedbacks for the latest release(From Youtube).
I saw a review awhile back comparing the material of FOG's tees to JE. Seemed like the material was similar. Other items seem to be good quality. Lampo/riri zips, unique, high quality materials (I know they've done a Vietnam canvas tent jacket and vintage sleeping bag bomber). But you would expect all that as FOG's price point is quite a bit higher than JE.

I doubt there is much overlap between those who rock JE and those who rock FOG, both because of the price point and because the aesthetic is quite different. FOG is more over-sized and drapey while JE is more clean cut fitted (in general).

Enexde96

Reaction score

I know people have been asking about the raw edge. Here is mine true to size. I don't think you need to size down on it

Disregard the dirty mirror.

Also on the gap Escobars waist definitely size down. I tried on the xs and they fit waist wise but kind of too tight below the knee. The cuff was also weird. I wanted a pair to wear at home and not care if they get messed up but I don't think the price is worth it for that and the fit wasn't really the best

Raw edge looks nice, I've been considering it for a while. Also, are those the CP blush suede's you're wearing?

Last edited:

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YVR to SFO rocking my charcoal escobar and grey dual flash. Any good spots i should hit up? first time going to Cali! will be in SF until tues

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads