1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I like the natural color. And it may look a different shade on the anti expo tee. I'll snap a comparison pic of them when the anti comes in.
    It's only a matter of time white and black will come out

4 people like this.
  2. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

natural and charcoal copped.
    if the natural color is lighter and closer to white i'll go back for a 2nd if they are still available

1 person likes this.
  3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I've never cared for JE tshirts since I tend to opt for $4 tshirts and cycle through them frequently but the Anti-Expo's raw hems caught my eye. Looking at the sizing, it seems as though it runs a size big (pegging me as a size M). I've tried on other JE tshirts in the past and had to wear an XL. Does this make sense?

4. carloso

carloso Senior member

word, is the natural close to the white co mix? TIA

5. carloso

carloso Senior member

TBH I went true to size on the maroon anti expo and I like the fit, ill try to post a pic when i get home

I'm on the shorter side at 5'7" with a 38-40" chest and 31-32 waist and went with a M

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. reydogg23

reydogg23 Senior member

I'm a Large in Classic Crews, Mercers and Classic Co-Mix and go with Medium in Anti-Expo.

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I think its the shoulders I'm worried about. 19+" on the large seems super wide.

8. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

went with a charcoal and natural too. i always gotta see the colors in person, je might filter their photos, but the way phone cameras fuck with light and colors is just as bad hahaha. if it's a cream, closer to white, i'm sold. wasn't gonna grab the charcoal but figured i'd just give it a shot. bntl mode

9. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

I grabbed the natural and sized down as well so hopefully it works out. I considered the charcoal, but I think I would rather have the slate since they seem similar in color.

10. japejapejape

on point.
    i could go with either a medium or a large for the anti expo but the medium is perfect for me.
    it's the perfect balance...not too elongated/short. not too oversized/slim

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I went with an xs natural myself. I swim in the small but it works nicely for layered. I'm hoping I can wear this one on its own too.

12. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

i'm going to get my Mr P carbons tailored the slightest bit as the stacks are a bit sloppy for my skinny ass. Do you guys normally just request to have them tapered from the knee down to your desired leg opening? I won't mess with the length at all obvs.

13. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

I usually like JE's off the rack cut, but did the same thing for the MP carbs. my tailor does knee down default.

1 person likes this.
  14. TrendyTrez

TrendyTrez Active Member

At the moment I want to buy things that I know I'll get use out of a lot. So I'm thinking of grabbing a couple anti expo's as I'll be able to wear these throughout the year no matter what, whereas the villain or kake would be for like the end of september through april. Money's a little tight at the moment, so I'll probably take my friend up on that Saks offer next week. I'm thinking Pink/saguaro for the upcoming season and a charcoal. I could grab a large in the natural but it seems like everyone's sizing down

1 person likes this.
  15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

knee down. I think the best thing to do is bring a pair of jeans that you like the cut on with you. Then Have the tailor copy that cut

1 person likes this.
  16. echau

echau Senior member

I give my desired measurements for knee and hem and send them to railcar fine goods in CA. They taper properly from the inseam to keep the selvage and they chainstitch the hems too, if any of that matters to you.

2 people like this.
  17. japejapejape

your tailor should have you put the jeans on and put pins in them while you are wearing them so you can get a custom taper to your liking.

^ but as echau said...railcarfinegoods is a great tailor to send them to as well..you can input measurements from the thigh all the way down to the leg opening and they will hem them for free.
    they are very accurate and do a great job as well.
    the only downsides are you will have to wait a couple weeks and its pretty pricey

also just realized the XL classic crew is the exact same measurements as a M anti-expo tee

and theres a slate anti-expo on grailed in a M if yall are still on the hunt for one

1 person likes this.
  18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I know you were talking about railcar in general in your statement, but IIRC JE hasn't used selvedge denim since the cast 2 raw denim

19. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

[​IMG]

Possibly wearing JE low tops? Or just Achilles laced all the way up?

20. 973god

973god Senior member

Will the new color ways make it to mainline tee's such as curve u or are they only limited to the newer cuts?