1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Sheeky

Sheeky Member

I think the issue more
    I think the issue more so is the fact that I would rather reinforce the economy in the US while also knowing that the workers are paid fair wages and not 25 cents a day with no bathroom breaks

1 person likes this.
  2. Sheeky

Sheeky Member

Can anybody comment on whether the gap x JE denim is a similar fit to regular JE denim?

3. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@Secondprize @nsubrmnn @echau @japejapejape thanks a ton boys! Repped of course. I just got back from the tailor and your guys' info helped a lot. She had me try them on, pinned them and even suggested taking in from the inseam before I even suggested it. Looking forward to getting them back tomorrow and fingers crossed.

4. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

I hope so! I need a charcoal classic crew. Regret not picking one up back in the day.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

It's not, it's baggier. More like gap denim with JE styling/fading

6. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

90% sure those are the JE Lows. Def not achilles

1 person likes this.
  7. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

If you can find a washed blk classic crew I would recommend that. The colour is amazing. Similar to charcoal but even nicer in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

thanks man, I will keep an eye out!

9. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior member

They put a lot of the washed tees back on the site recently.

10. koalii

koalii Well-Known Member

The denim is thin and has more stretch, the waist and thigh measurements are similar, but from the knee down it's significantly wider. If you have large calves it's okay, especially on discount for 50-60% off. However, because the material isn't as rigid and the hem is about .5-.75 inches larger in diameter, it doesn't stack too well.

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As much as I did not like the Bolivia jacket worn with the cozy inside, I've been making a lot of use of it worn that way. It's been raining a ton, and the rain does this jacket no harm. And it actually doesn't look bad on, been my go to beater for the past month. Washing it will be a challenge though.
    Note: I'm just guessing someone on the internet would make an immature comment re: it, so I'll mention it now--that's rain on my sweatshirt, not piss.

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I agree with leflop on this

1 person likes this.
  13. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Same dude. So cozy worn that way and it is all around a dope jacket. I've been getting tons of use out it with this rain.

14. Sheeky

Sheeky Member

Damn I don't know if they would fit well on me. I'm 5'6 155 and stocky [​IMG]

15. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

I'm not sure if you're implying it will be too slim for someone who's stocky, but from the pictures I've seen it looks like a much looser fit than JE's normal denim. Pretty sure Gap offers free returns on all orders (if you're buying from them) so it wouldn't really hurt to try

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  16. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

so no one copped the mock panel tee?

17. Clint Alvin

Clint Alvin Senior member

It's in my basket...

18. dmill

dmill Senior member

can anyone who has the JE x MrP carbon black denim comment on if the jeans stretch after use or not?

I'm in a dilemma because the size 32's are skin tight but the 33's are slightly loose. I'm a size 32 in OG Springs/Plumas for reference.

19. koalii

koalii Well-Known Member

^ I have the same question, I have 32 in plumas/odeons/shashiko black and those stretched enough to fit me perfect. I was only able to get 33 in Mr. P black denim; it fits good now, but worried it will be too big if it stretches...

20. datriz

datriz Well-Known Member

Ya, things stretch a ton. Size down.