1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

I thought the same thing. There are tons and tons of plain jean options out there with good fits. Not what I buy JE denim for.

1 person likes this.
  2. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Will there be any non-ripped denim introduced this season?

3. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

awwww yeeee question of the year!

4. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

nah the whole distressed thing is exhausted. it's just too much.

people are just asking for some variety. we've seen 5 new pairs of denim now (including the mr p's) and 4 have them been heavilly distressed.
    and it's pretty obvious that is what everyone is asking for.

2 people like this.
  5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think the maineline can be expanded to include some permanent washed colors. That should satisfy most. But as many have mentioned there are plenty of brands that offer plain denim so not sure from a business standpoint if it makes sense. How many will pay a premium for a simple wash ?

6. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

obviously a lot of people because we all keep asking for it in this thread...it's literally brought up everytime denim is brought up.
    look how much people pay for saint laurent denim with clean simple washes

7. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Hahaha, I could definitely see that. I'm surprised no one's tapped it for a music video. It's really dope. It depends on which rider though. I'm personally not a fan of the mainline rider. But the collab one could be cool. I personally like more of a classic style rider. A rider is gonna be more versatile, but the puffer is really unique.

8. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Agreed. The whole ripped denim thing is a bit played at this point. Look at mnml.la, et al. Or just venture into Top Shop. Given, neither of the aforementioned execute as well, but I'm just saying.

9. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

If I'm not mistaken out of all the denim released last season, Plumas were the most popular and they sold really well. Those were a simple dirty blue wash. And I believe most sizes have been sold out for a while now

10. TrendyTrez

TrendyTrez Active Member

One of my friends gets 50% off Saks stuff so I was looking to grab some either the black villain or grey kake. The JE stuff on there is pretty scarce; which one should I grab? (or something else instead)

11. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

I get where you're coming from, but the dudes in this thread (albeit we probably make up a fair chunk of their sales) aren't the only people buying their clothing. It's like how everyone hated on the best buy blue, but it still sold out. maybe the quantities were small, but there was still a group of people that picked em up.

to the more fashion and trend savvy, the distressing feels played out, especially since a lot of us have been rockin it for a while now. to the rest of the more general populace, maybe not so much

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think those ans the spring should be added to the mainline along with a dark blue.

13. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

I would love more non-distressed denim.

I've only pulled out the destroyed MPs once since getting them. plumas on the other hand I wear multiple times a week.

14. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Go there

Try on both

Think about which one you think looks better

Which you will wear more

And which will flow more with your wardrobe on a consistent basis

After that and only after that

Should you be able to find your decision

Enjoy the journey

1 person likes this.
  15. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

At 50% off, get both.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  16. sussi

sussi Senior member

Ok so as they are releasing today I would like to add my 5 cents about anti expo. My favorite JE tee for the last 3 years was curve u-neck. I got mr porter classic curve and I love it but it is different material and I just wish it was the same length as normal uneck. I have all the tees except new mock panel tee.

For anti expo I went true to size and I like the fit. it is shorter than uneck but pretty wider so the fit is different. I am 5'11, 175 and very athletic built and I wear size L in all the tees and it is far from being a dress on me. I could go with M but it would be too short for my liking I guess. So I think most of guys here must be pretty skinny and short if you are sizing down on anti-expos?

I wanna but the mock tee also, how is the fit on it? Would love to get some feedback from guys that copped.

Also I see that new long sleeve classic curve should be longer in body than unecks, can anyone confirm that or is it longer only on the size chart, because material is different than uneck...

17. Enexde96

Enexde96 Senior member

Damn I was thinking about picking up the anti-expo, but if they run short and wide like you say it's a pass for me

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

They don't. I'm 6"1 and wear a medium and there is sufficient length, it is one of the best layering tees I have as well. Looks awesome underneath stuff. Wish we knew what colours will be dropping today. My anti expo in slate has only gotten better with time, love the material and the raw edges.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  19. carloso

carloso Senior member

im really interested in the natural anti expo but im holding back after seeing that comparison pic