1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JM Weston 9.5D for $10.00

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marc237, Mar 24, 2005.

1. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

For anyone in the NYC vicinity, the Goodwill at 25th St. and 6th Avenue has a pair of brown JM Weston captoes (as of 2:20 pm). The sole and heel appear to have been refurbished, a very nice job. The toe shows a fair amount of scuffing. They could use a shine, but the qulaity still shows through. Next to them are a pair of McAfee's in a black brogue. Both are $10.00.

2. marc237

Too big for me too. Alas. I also had the same thought and just did not want the hassle. Heck, I still have not collected the shipping on a Lorenzini I gave to a forum member. Guess that's why I'll never be rich.

3. dusty

dusty Distinguished Member

If only I were in the NYC vicinity, those are just my size.

4. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

wow. this is a good day for clothes in New York. Get fitted at my tailors, eat at Eisenberg's and score two extremely nice pairs of shoes. And since I'm trying to live on the freelance writer's $, they're the nice price, too. Thank you for the heads up; they fit perfectly.

I am most grateful.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

Great. good to hear forum success stories

6. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

We'd love to see pics posted if you can.

7. sanmateo

I'll be happy to post some as soon as I

1) Get them back from the shoe guys (the Westons need a bit of work on the sole)

2) Get something besides my phonecam to use for pics

3) Get over reaching that kind of terrifying new level of clothes fetishization. I knew it was kind of inevitable, but still...

And thanks for not snatching them up Mack11211. Your thrift store kung fu far outstrips my own.

8. marc237

I am delighted to have spread some joy. Now, if anyone wondering around NYC stumbles upon something real nice in an 8D, cosmic karma and all that would be nice.

9. sanmateo

Thank you, too, Marc. And I'll definitely keep an eye peeled.

BTW, can anyone tell me anything about those McAfee's? Are they made by C&J?