• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jermyn St - Sales Dates

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers - started already.
C&J - Saturday 20th June (& they are being very guarded, as to what will be included).
Edward Green - Thursday 25th June. Let them know Lasts/Models that you are interested in and they will e-mail you.
Lobb - would not confirm, other than late July.

Separately, Ralph is on Sale - though the Shoe selection was awful. The Patterson II , in one size only - 10/10.5.
- 50% which brings them in at about £275 (after VAT refund).
I did not bother to look at Shirts, Suits and such, as even after discount, they do not come close to the B&S prices we have so fortunately become accustomed to.

fox81

Reaction score
I can report the C&J in the royal exchange are now on sale (as are Church's a few doors down).

As a result, i am 220 GBP poorer.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the same as last time, and are the majority just seconds with a higher mark up than the factory stores?

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Is it the same as last time, and are the majority just seconds with a higher mark up than the factory stores?

That would appear to be the case re: seconds, judging
By what I viewed at R-Exchange this morning.
Not great prices either. Appeared to be only
Seventy - Ninety Pounds off.
Jermyn St, should have a larger selection
By Saturday & I am hopeful of a sneak
Peak of 9.5E's. Will post if I receive it.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J and Seconds is a bit of a dodgy topic around here at the moment...

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
C&J and Seconds is a bit of a dodgy topic around here at the moment...

Where has all the forum love gone now then ..........................

Oooooooh i love my Church's an Trickers...............

fox81

Reaction score
the seconds they sell in store are clearly marked. others are discontinued lines.

I got a pair of hatfield's in beechnut, but its an F width on a 348 which fits me much better than an E. apparently discontinued model for the russian market

Avebury

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chowchow
is the C&J radnor boots on sale??
thx

Yup, got to be pretty carefully come sale time, or indeed at any other time. I'm sure the Jermyn Street fellows will slip you a second, or a near second if they think they can get away with it. On a number of occasions in the past I have been shown shoes that didn't quite cut it e.g. the colour was a bit 'flat' and unappealing, the country grain was wrong (the pair didn't match), or there were obvious flaws (e.g dark spots, grazes) on the upper. In other words, 'seconds' or near seconds. The shop assistant's reaction was invariably one of surprise and the shoe was quickly taken away and a better example found. In one shop, the shop assistant pointed out an obvious mark (no doubt a second) and his colleague hushed hushed him! Naturally, I left. I hate to say it, but if you dress in a shirt and tie you'd be less likely to be mucked about. I suppose from the shop assistant's point of view, once the shoe is on the foot you are halfway there. Many people will feel they have committed to the sale, so it doesn't take much to get over the last hurdle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads