Jeans recommendations?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Humbucker, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

I've tried on many, many pairs of jeans (Diesel Zafs, Zathans, Shazors; Levi's Skinners, 517s, 527s; Earnest Sewn Hutches; AG Fillmores; 7s; Paper Denim GTOs, LTDs, Slashes; Citizens of Humanity Jaggers; + others I'm sure...) at a bunch of stores but I can't seem to find a pair of slim bootcut jeans that have a medium rise that I like. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I like the top of the waist to hit around or just below my navel which probably equates to a 10.5 or 11 inch rise. Cheap 517s have the proper rise but I'm also looking for a leg opening that's about 19-20 inches and the 517s are basically a straight leg. Conversely, I've found plenty of jeans that fit nice in the legs and hip area but are too low rise for my tastes.

2. dingleberry

dingleberry Well-Known Member

3. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Try looking a Revolveclothing.com for nudie jeans. Also, your tastes in jeans tells me that you might like the brand that is really disliked here, True Religion.

4. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

No, I think TRs are pretty hideous, too. I've considered RRDS but looking at the specs on this page it seems as though the leg opening on my size (29x34) would be only 17 or 18 inches.

5. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

6. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

nudie flare glen

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

nudie flare glen

Are those discontinued after all? Not on Nudie's site anymore, the info on mynudies.com is contradictory, too.

8. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

i suggest you check out the 646 repros from LVC...they have a 1979 model from last season and are supposed to have a 1966? model for the fall

I've tried on many, many pairs of jeans (Diesel Zafs, Zathans, Shazors; Levi's Skinners, 517s, 527s; Earnest Sewn Hutches; AG Fillmores; 7s; Paper Denim GTOs, LTDs, Slashes; Citizens of Humanity Jaggers; + others I'm sure...) at a bunch of stores but I can't seem to find a pair of slim bootcut jeans that have a medium rise that I like. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I like the top of the waist to hit around or just below my navel which probably equates to a 10.5 or 11 inch rise. Cheap 517s have the proper rise but I'm also looking for a leg opening that's about 19-20 inches and the 517s are basically a straight leg. Conversely, I've found plenty of jeans that fit nice in the legs and hip area but are too low rise for my tastes.