Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Low rise slim fit, but not tight in the thighs?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rice rocket, Aug 6, 2008.

1. rice rocket

rice rocket Active Member

I have husky legs, and I don't enjoy nuthugging tightness, but I do want some "ass definition" instead of just a whole backpocket full of air.

I tried on a bunch of jeans today (in Pittsburgh, there's really only one boutique, but carry mostly bootcuts), and I liked the fit of the Diesel Vikers. Low rise, straight leg, slim fit "comfort leg" as they call it. I have a pair of Nudie Bootcut Olas, which promised to be a slim fit, but they were too big in the ass and I stretched the thighs to where I finally fit now. So it was slim, but slim in the wrong places. I have a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch's as well (actually 2 pairs), and it's almost the same issue as the Nudies, too tight in the thigh, and too loose in the ass.

Haven't been able to try on any APC's or Acne's anything, and most of the Japanese stuff available in Pittsburgh is pretty high rise, which I don't like.

Any suggestions before I head down to DC?

2. why

why Senior member

Get a bigger ass

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens Member

What's your waist and thigh measurements? I have a 34" waist and a 23" thigh, and i fin that 514's fit good, but 511's are tight even in the calf. Some recommedations for thunder-thighs here were 5EP LDB(good luck finding them anywhere), RB6's and 501's.

4. rice rocket

From all the pics of RB6's I've seen, it's pretty loose in the trunk.

I'm a 29" waist, thighs are 21". I'm 5'6", 145 lbs.

5. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

Get a bigger ass

Yes, start with a bigger ass. But seriously I've found my SD 103's to be perfect low rise, but not nut-gripping, and not at all tight on the thighs. Try em'!

6. djh

djh Senior member

How low is low rise? I think it's anything under 10", med around 11" and high 12"+?

Anyways, lots of japanese denim brands are making low-rise jeans now.. PBJ, Samurai (the new cut that's on pre-order @ BiG), Somet, SDA just to list a few.

Or maybe try Nudie RRDS? I love the way my pair fits, and I have a big ass/thighs.

7. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

Definitely try the Acne Mic. I have pretty big thighs (and a decent-sized rear), and they are probably my best fitting pair jeans (and I own about 8 pairs).

8. rice rocket

How low is low rise? I think it's anything under 10", med around 11" and high 12"+?

Anyways, lots of japanese denim brands are making low-rise jeans now.. PBJ, Samurai (the new cut that's on pre-order @ BiG), Somet, SDA just to list a few.

Or maybe try Nudie RRDS? I love the way my pair fits, and I have a big ass/thighs.

I like mine 9" or less. I'm pretty short, so everything has to be in the right proportions, right? [​IMG]

I'll give these a try when I hit up Denim Bar or Barney's. Thanks.

9. bcx

bcx Senior member

I'm looking for something similar (big thighs, low rise, non-droopy ass) but with 17-18" leg opening. I like my APC Anglais but could use a touch more room in the thighs and a bit lower rise. I wear a 31 waist and my thighs measure 21.5".

10. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Yea jeans aren't going to make you look any better if you don't like the way you fill them out. Your just going to keep getting jeans and quickly get addicted to jean shopping lol. If you want to fill out your jeans get to GNC and get a gym membership....just saying.

11. bcx

bcx Senior member

Of course! I guess jeans only look good on one body type. Here I was thinking of finding jeans that would complement my figure.

Also, the OP never said he has no ass. Just that his jeans didn't hug it enough.

12. rice rocket

Just to update, I ended up with a pair of Rag & Bone RB15's. Only thing I don't like is the rise is a little high, but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Tighter on the ass than the Nudies, but also in the thighs...but I'm sure there'll be some stretching. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

pull those pants down. wear them lower on your hips and they will look better

14. jskidder

jskidder Senior member

those huge pockets look ridiculous worn so high and tight.

ps nice camel toe

15. DGP

DGP Senior member

I'd have sized up one from that, or tried the RB11.