• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Low rise slim fit, but not tight in the thighs?

rice rocket

Reaction score
I have husky legs, and I don't enjoy nuthugging tightness, but I do want some "ass definition" instead of just a whole backpocket full of air.

I tried on a bunch of jeans today (in Pittsburgh, there's really only one boutique, but carry mostly bootcuts), and I liked the fit of the Diesel Vikers. Low rise, straight leg, slim fit "comfort leg" as they call it. I have a pair of Nudie Bootcut Olas, which promised to be a slim fit, but they were too big ********** and I stretched the thighs to where I finally fit now. So it was slim, but slim in the wrong places. I have a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch's as well (actually 2 pairs), and it's almost the same issue as the Nudies, too tight in the thigh, and too loose **********.

Haven't been able to try on any APC's or Acne's anything, and most of the Japanese stuff available in Pittsburgh is pretty high rise, which I don't like.

Any suggestions before I head down to DC?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a bigger ass

Slim Pickens

Reaction score
What's your waist and thigh measurements? I have a 34" waist and a 23" thigh, and i fin that 514's fit good, but 511's are tight even in the calf. Some recommedations for thunder-thighs here were 5EP LDB(good luck finding them anywhere), RB6's and 501's.

rice rocket

Reaction score
From all the pics of RB6's I've seen, it's pretty loose in the trunk.

I'm a 29" waist, thighs are 21". I'm 5'6", 145 lbs.

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Get a bigger ass

Yes, start with a bigger ass. But seriously I've found my SD 103's to be perfect low rise, but not nut-gripping, and not at all tight on the thighs. Try em'!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How low is low rise? I think it's anything under 10", med around 11" and high 12"+?

Anyways, lots of japanese denim brands are making low-rise jeans now.. PBJ, Samurai (the new cut that's on pre-order @ BiG), Somet, SDA just to list a few.

Or maybe try Nudie RRDS? I love the way my pair fits, and I have a big ass/thighs.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Definitely try the Acne Mic. I have pretty big thighs (and a decent-sized rear), and they are probably my best fitting pair jeans (and I own about 8 pairs).

rice rocket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidassler
How low is low rise? I think it's anything under 10", med around 11" and high 12"+?

Anyways, lots of japanese denim brands are making low-rise jeans now.. PBJ, Samurai (the new cut that's on pre-order @ BiG), Somet, SDA just to list a few.

Or maybe try Nudie RRDS? I love the way my pair fits, and I have a big ass/thighs.

I like mine 9" or less. I'm pretty short, so everything has to be in the right proportions, right?
smile.gif

I'll give these a try when I hit up Denim Bar or Barney's. Thanks.

bcx

Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar (big thighs, low rise, non-droopy ass) but with 17-18" leg opening. I like my APC Anglais but could use a touch more room in the thighs and a bit lower rise. I wear a 31 waist and my thighs measure 21.5".

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea jeans aren't going to make you look any better if you don't like the way you fill them out. Your just going to keep getting jeans and quickly get addicted to jean shopping lol. If you want to fill out your jeans get to GNC and get a gym membership....just saying.

bcx

Reaction score
Of course! I guess jeans only look good on one body type. Here I was thinking of finding jeans that would complement my figure.

Also, the OP never said he has no ass. Just that his jeans didn't hug it enough.

rice rocket

Reaction score
Just to update, I ended up with a pair of Rag & Bone RB15's. Only thing I don't like is the rise is a little high, but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Tighter on the ass than the Nudies, but also in the thighs...but I'm sure there'll be some stretching.
vxm54l.jpg
2zrhpht.jpg

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pull those pants down. wear them lower on your hips and they will look better

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have sized up one from that, or tried the RB11.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads