• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Paul Da'mage, pre-shrunk?

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
I tried on a pair of Da'mage jeans today, incredibly comfortable and had a great fit, 63% cotton, 34% wool, 3% cashmere if that helps anyone in figuring out whether they're pre-shrunk or not. The thing that's making me think they're not pre-shrunk is I normally can't fit into 30s period, and these fit perfectly. On the flip side I've worn 33 Moschinos that worked, 31 Private Members and 32 CCS jeans. So I suppose it's within reason that 30s could fit me but I'm getting the feeling it's more likely they haven't been shrunk yet.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Went ahead and bought them, couldn't find a pair of jeans anywhere that fit as perfectly or felt as good. Well worth it, will probably keep me from buying anything new for a while. I'll just hand wash them incase they're not pre-shrunk.

They're twill, they look like denim, feel really soft though which isn't exactly jeans-like, but I think they still count as jeans. I also figure since they're twill it won't be a big problem mixing materials.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
I'll just hand wash them incase they're not pre-shrunk.
Wouldn't dry cleaning be safer, if it's got that much wool/cashmere mixed in?
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
I also figure since they're twill it won't be a big problem mixing materials.
How so? Just curious. Any links, btw? They sound very nice.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
My mom was thinking different materials might stretch differently, but twill's a very strong weave. I guess I should have said it would be less of a problem than with any weave.

Instructions are to machine wash cold, so the cashmere should be able to handle hand washing cold. Hand washing is just incase they're not pre-shrunk. The dye is coming off a bit that's another indication it might not be pre-shrunk, aside from 30 fitting me, when sometimes 32 and 33 does. There were 30s I tried on today that were too big, so those obviously would need to be shrunk once. The legs are 32 on the JPDs though, and usually I need 30, and they're perfect length, so that also suggests they are pre-shrunk. It'd be handy if I knew I could just throw them in the wash, but since Jean Paul Da'mage doesn't seem to exist anymore, the only way I could find out is if The Mynk Corporation gets a website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads