• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how people can wear them. Murata-san's shoes are all works of art. Out of all the amazing shoemakers around the world, I think Main d'Or comes closely to technical perfection (from photos I've seen).

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I don’t know how I’m going to get around to scratching that sole! They belong in a museum! I agree, they are the highest level of shoe craftsmanship and Murata San strives for beyond perfection.

E365BA99-6F6E-410B-B117-A13712145D00.jpeg

1E600197-B52A-425A-837F-3A6B7D69D2EE.jpeg

4F8579CA-C767-45B4-A712-EF9097660615.jpeg

00629324-F0E0-42D7-8718-2A958D74604A.jpeg

48314E38-14E1-4F2F-A742-0CCC60FC22F2.jpeg

63A50EBA-D537-4920-956B-281201943769.jpeg

08EDA685-8BA6-4B3C-8306-5483673474AB.jpeg

873482A6-0B20-4E32-8566-83AC23B070FC.jpeg

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@daizawaguy In general, I prefer shoes with less broguing. After seeing your shoe, with this grandmaster level of make, I think I will want a pair with some brogueing. I've had the chance to handle Patrick Frei's winning shoe during its world tour. It's no doubt superbly made, but I like your pair better. So please post wear pics :) I love your shoe

I shudder at my next vacation in Japan because I think I want to buy a Credor and get sized for a Main D'or pair...

demian

Reaction score
Sorry, I hope someone can help me, next month I will be in Japan, but someone on this thread knows if some Japanese shoemaker offers seamless boots service? if anyone knows, can you tell me who to contact?
here is a reference of the product I was talking about, borrowed from a European shoemaker. Thank you:worship: for your help.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I hope someone can help me, next month I will be in Japan, but someone on this thread knows if some Japanese shoemaker offers seamless boots service? if anyone knows, can you tell me who to contact?
here is a reference of the product I was talking about, borrowed from a European shoemaker. Thank you:worship: for your help.

Not too many Japanese do much seamless. Clematis Ginza would be my best bet, at least seen seamless croc shoes from them.

demian

Reaction score
Not too many Japanese do much seamless. Clematis Ginza would be my best bet, at least seen seamless croc shoes from them.
Thank you so much:worship:
yes i have seen this crocodile seamless shoes from them,just worry if they can do the same work with a boot...:blush:
I will contact them by e.mail ,thank you very much for the advice.i will return to you to let you know if their answer :fistbump: will be positive,
cross fingers:cheers:.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score

I believe no Japanese marker has done seamless wholecut boots. This does not mean they cannot do it but they will be reluctant.

dawei94

Reaction score
From left to right, black adelaide oxfords from Marquess, burgundy quarter (or half?) brogues from Yohei Fukuda, and dark brown double monks from Spigola. Have previously posted the Marquess and Yohei Fukuda shoes, the Spigola double monks are new. Will post similar detailed pictures for the double monks as for the previous shoes, but thought the three pairs side by side would be interesting as well. The Spigolas are still breaking in (have worn maybe 7 times), but feel like they will be just as comfortable as the Marquess or YF pairs.

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

Shoes3.jpg

Shoes4.jpg

demian

Reaction score
I believe no Japanese marker has done seamless wholecut boots. This does not mean they cannot do it but they will be reluctant.

Why reluctant?:crazy::crazy:

I have seen that a lot of them offer seamless shoes instead ,why you think they are reluctand ,whe a seamless boot can be the top of their ability?
I think instead they like to do ,becasue i have seen a lot of makers in Japan offer regulary seamless shoes,as Main d'or ;clematis ,and some others,and also seamless loafer ,crocodile. I asked regarding the seamless boot ,because i want visit some shoemakers ,during my trip in Japan ,a shoemaker that is able to offer this kind of boot,i want something special ,and i will invest in that.:colgate::colgate:

I sent a request to Clematis ,i'm waiting an asnwer , i hope they can do this.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noriyuki Misawa runs one of Japan’s largest shoemaking schools and has the Misawa & Workshop bespoke brand, but his most interesting work is his art project made under his own name. Excellent creativity and craftsmanships. Below some pictures of his art shoes, much more in this report on my blog.

Sole decorated with lots of brass nails:
DSC04285.jpg

Amazing boot:
DSC04291.jpg

Shoes inspired by violins:
DSC04304.jpg

This shoe is made of three old vintage Nicolaus Tuczek shoes:
DSC04318.jpg

One of his masterpieces:
DSC04333.jpg

"Stoned" shoes:
DSC04408.jpg

His current project, where he patinates the leather with rust:
DSC04279.jpg

His regular bespoke shoes are pretty nice as well:
DSC04364.jpg

Noriyuki Misawa:
DSC04391.jpg

DSC04295.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From left to right, black adelaide oxfords from Marquess, burgundy quarter (or half?) brogues from Yohei Fukuda, and dark brown double monks from Spigola. Have previously posted the Marquess and Yohei Fukuda shoes, the Spigola double monks are new. Will post similar detailed pictures for the double monks as for the previous shoes, but thought the three pairs side by side would be interesting as well. The Spigolas are still breaking in (have worn maybe 7 times), but feel like they will be just as comfortable as the Marquess or YF pairs.

View attachment 1065582

View attachment 1065583

View attachment 1065584

View attachment 1065585
gorgeous

dennistsang

Reaction score
Is the corno blu rtw shoes hand-welted or hand-lasted?
what do you guys think about this brand in comparison to other shoe brands which have a similar retail price?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thought corno blu RTW is GW, I have one from yeossal (they're on discount right now, then another 20% off for black friday), the aesthetics is English, and at the price I got I can't fault, I will say CJ HG/EG level (based on the look, though only 3 wearing so far)

dennistsang

Reaction score
thought corno blu RTW is GW, I have one from yeossal (they're on discount right now, then another 20% off for black friday), the aesthetics is English, and at the price I got I can't fault, I will say CJ HG/EG level (based on the look, though only 3 wearing so far)
Just bought one from yeossal, the price is very attractive

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads