• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paskaldjay

Reaction score
Just got some Edoya brushes & they really fantastic especially the Goat Hair one. Edoya's Hair Density & Construction really par excellence.

Edoya Horsehair Dusting Brush (Below) compared to generic german-made Large Brush. The Hair at Edoya superbly packed up like there's even no single line of hair could make way into the inside
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edoya also have a longer hair (and softer!!) compared to that generic brush

Last but not least, the breathtakingly beautiful Goat Hair brush. It looks like made with a chain of cloud rather than a hair ;)

bozzkeren

Reaction score
Just got some Edoya brushes & they really fantastic especially the Goat Hair one. Edoya's Hair Density & Construction really par excellence.

Edoya Horsehair Dusting Brush (Below) compared to generic german-made Large Brush. The Hair at Edoya superbly packed up like there's even no single line of hair could make way into the inside
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edoya also have a longer hair (and softer!!) compared to that generic brush

Last but not least, the breathtakingly beautiful Goat Hair brush. It looks like made with a chain of cloud rather than a hair ;)

hi, what's the price for the goat brush?
thanks

Last edited:

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just got some Edoya brushes & they really fantastic especially the Goat Hair one. Edoya's Hair Density & Construction really par excellence. Edoya Horsehair Dusting Brush (Below) compared to generic german-made Large Brush. The Hair at Edoya superbly packed up like there's even no single line of hair could make way into the inside
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Edoya also have a longer hair (and softer!!) compared to that generic brush Last but not least, the breathtakingly beautiful Goat Hair brush. It looks like made with a chain of cloud rather than a hair ;)
Nice collection of Edoya brushes!! You got 4 goat hair brushes??! :p

paskaldjay

Reaction score
All the Brush cost US$60 each (Include the Shipment & Forwarder Fee - I live in Indonesia)
The price quite good, mostly because the Yen's value dropped almost 20% in this Year.

But after all, IMHO the real Challenge to get this Brush is not the price (You could save the money) but the stock. I waited almost 2 month for the stock of this brushes. Edoya promised they will stock all the Brush in the Mid-April but in reality they stocked it in 3rd week of May. I remember they 'only' sell around 15-20 Goat Hair brushes at that time & the entire goat hair brushes in oval shape like mine sold out in only 3 days. The key I get this brushes is to mail Edoya to save our brushes (I want 4 brushes) and give them deposit. Much like a pre-order. It almost impossible to get 3-5 brushes at a single time without a pre-order. The Japanese responsed very fast in getting these brushes, the demand was very high.

The reason I bought 4 goat hair was to use each brush to one particular color shade. Besides, like I've explained above, it almost impossible to get a lot of Edoya brushes at a single time via Online Shop, so when I got a chance I use it.

But all the Challenges (Money, time) were paid back. I doesn't look at other brushes when I got this Edoya, really really fantastic. Now I'm planned to sell my old horsehair/pig hair brushes and changed it with entire line of Edoya, I thought it's not only investment for your lifetime, but your child too.

Here's another photos of the Beautiful goat hair

Detail of Hand-applied Burn Stamp

Sincerely

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

All the Brush cost US$60 each (Include the Shipment & Forwarder Fee - I live in Indonesia)
The price quite good, mostly because the Yen's value dropped almost 20% in this Year.

But after all, IMHO the real Challenge to get this Brush is not the price (You could save the money) but the stock. I waited almost 2 month for the stock of this brushes. Edoya promised they will stock all the Brush in the Mid-April but in reality they stocked it in 3rd week of May. I remember they 'only' sell around 15-20 Goat Hair brushes at that time & the entire goat hair brushes in oval shape like mine sold out in only 3 days. The key I get this brushes is to mail Edoya to save our brushes (I want 4 brushes) and give them deposit. Much like a pre-order. It almost impossible to get 3-5 brushes at a single time without a pre-order. The Japanese responsed very fast in getting these brushes, the demand was very high.

The reason I bought 4 goat hair was to use each brush to one particular color shade. Besides, like I've explained above, it almost impossible to get a lot of Edoya brushes at a single time via Online Shop, so when I got a chance I use it. 

But all the Challenges (Money, time) were paid back. I doesn't look at other brushes when I got this Edoya, really really fantastic. Now I'm planned to sell my old horsehair/pig hair brushes and changed it with entire line of Edoya, I thought it's not only investment for your lifetime, but your child too. 

Sincerely

Congrats on your brush collection! Yes, Edoya brushes are hard to come by, even in Japan.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi NC, isn't Brift H also sell edoya brush with their own house brand? do you know their pricing for goat brush?
thanks

Brift H's goathair brush (by Edoya) costs ¥6800 yen or so. It uses a different wood (stained) than standard Edoya, and the hair strands are extra reinforced with glue (from what I heard).

bozzkeren

Reaction score
Brift H's goathair brush (by Edoya) costs ¥6800 yen or so. It uses a different wood (stained) than standard Edoya, and the hair strands are extra reinforced with glue (from what I heard).

i see, so basicly you get more quality for another 1800 yen?
how about hirano goat brush? have you use them?

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i see, so basicly you get more quality for another 1800 yen?
how about hirano goat brush? have you use them?

I'm not 100% certain about the improved quality, but I suppose they think its worth the extra ¥1800 yen.
Hirano doesn't have a goat hair brush.

I recall Collonil has a goat hair brush (for a lot less :))

bozzkeren

Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain about the improved quality, but I suppose they think its worth the extra ¥1800 yen.

I recall Collonil has a goat hair brush (for a lot less
smile.gif
)

okay, i will make a visit to edoya (hope they restock when i get there)
fing02[1].gif

paskaldjay

Reaction score

I recall Collonil has a goat hair brush (for a lot less
smile.gif
)
I've seen there's a LOT of Goat Hair brushes in Germany either Hand-made or machine-made. The Collonil still made by Machine. IMHO for the 2800 Yen price (as I seen in one of the prominent Japanese shoe care website) I thought it's overpriced (But not if we see in term of business that Goat Hair brush is a rare item in Japan). I saw a Hand-made Brushes in Germany either horsehair, pig hair, goat hair or even a Yak Hair still have a cheaper price tag than Edoya (Except the Yak hair that cost 44 Euros, others cost around 30 Euros or 4000 Yen. This Price include EU VAT, and reduce if we imported it outside Euro. The machine made cost 'only' 5-12 Euros), but I still doesn't have an idea to get it into my house ;) It's very hard to get in terms of Shipment

Fair, heh? :)

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Quote:
I personally think George Cleverley Horsehair brush are amazing value and product - These are the large ones about 15cm long with varnished wooden handle and they're on sale at £10 for 2 brushes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads