• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, I had purchased a pair of shoes made by Santari for Skomaker Dagestad. Well Stefan and I agreed to send over a fitting shoe to ensure a proper fit before proceeding.

While not a traditional fitting shoe (since it's a finished shoe), I have to say that the shoe is extremely impressive looking. Nice bottom finishing. Clean uppers. Tight bevelled waist. And for me the best part of the shoe, the Toe!

As you all know, I have the camera skills of a 1st grader. Fortunately, my sister was over to take pictures of my kids and nephew. That bit of luck yielded you all a bit of luck.

Pictures..... Look at those lines!
20200610_232941.jpg
20200611_005123.jpg
20200611_004950.jpg
20200610_233053.jpg
20200611_004634.jpg
20200610_233416.jpg

20200610_232552.jpg
20200611_005033.jpg

Stefan mentioned that the outsole stitching on the fitting pair has been made finer now, and slimmed up so something to take note of.

Link for the shoes themselves.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, I had purchased a pair of shoes made by Santari for Skomaker Dagestad. Well Stefan and I agreed to send over a fitting shoe to ensure a proper fit before proceeding.

While not a traditional fitting shoe (since it's a finished shoe), I have to say that the shoe is extremely impressive looking. Nice bottom finishing. Clean uppers. Tight bevelled waist. And for me the best part of the shoe, the Toe!

As you all know, I have the camera skills of a 1st grader. Fortunately, my sister was over to take pictures of my kids and nephew. That bit of luck yielded you all a bit of luck.

View attachment 1403785 View attachment 1403784 View attachment 1403788 View attachment 1403790 View attachment 1403791 View attachment 1403789 View attachment 1403786 View attachment 1403787

Stefan mentioned that the outsole stitching on the fitting pair has been made finer now, and slimmed up so something to take note of.

looks awesome!

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1403785 View attachment 1403784 View attachment 1403788 View attachment 1403790 View attachment 1403791 View attachment 1403789 View attachment 1403786 View attachment 1403787

Do you mean you selected a size and see if it fitted you?

How was the fit, and how did you proceed?

Looks nice!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seiichi responded. And we had a nice chat :box:. Do we have a list of possible orders for Perticone? Keeping track maybe good for all of us.
It's pretty tempting at those current prices and depending on when he travels to NYC.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks awesome!
Yeah they look darn good.

Anyone interested in that shoe, I had provided a link. As mentioned, the outsole stitching will be finer and slimmer, so those people would be receiving an even nicer pair than the ones pictured.

Do you mean you selected a size and see if it fitted you?

How was the fit, and how did you proceed?

Looks nice!

Correct. The shoe pictured would fit like the commissioned shoes since they will be the same size.

The fit was good. We will have to add a very small amount of width & a little bit more height to the instep. After those modifications are executed, shoes should fit damn near perfect.

So, we will proceed with the commission, and I'll have to wait few months to receive my shoes.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiichi responded. And we had a nice chat :box:. Do we have a list of possible orders for Perticone? Keeping track maybe good for all of us.

Haha yes he let me know. He was like "you are a fast worker".

Obviously myself, you, and @deez shoes for the time being. I imagine, to be safe, if we can secure another say 3 or 4 guys we should be a go.

I suggested he post something on IG to get a feel for guys not on SF, and who follow him on it. Fingers crossed that he does that and can garner interest.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[...]
The man trained under Gaetano, one of the Italian master shoemakers.
He's also worked with George Cleverley for 10+ years.
Which means he has both Italian and English shoemaking skills under his belt. From the pictures, you can see that that is reflected in his style. Structure of English styling, but with a touch of Italian flair.
[...]

Who is this Gaetano? Only heard the name in conjunction with Perticone, curious to know more.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, doors can always open even when they are closed. Keep your ear to the ground and eyes open. I may have something up my sleeve for good 'ol Akira. ???
Well, if they both come I might be screwed :lookaround:
Something good to know is that Akira doesn't make loafers as first time orders. So you're most likely stuck with his signature derby style as new customers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM