• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Januszkiewicz, Bespoke shoemaker, Warsaw

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And here I am, wearing the new (1st-generation) shoes in my Warsaw hotel room. Wonderful quality, and an excellent fit-- even if that be improved a micro-meter next time. A bit more solid than the best English shoes, and maybe 1/4 inch longer than my Cleverleys, but still very comfortable and elegant. Excellent support. I'll take them for a spin over cobblestones when the rain finishes up later this week in England. First bet is that they will behave well. Only tangible complaint so far is that he (like Kielman) doesn't like the idea of metal toe taps. I suppose those can get added closer to home.

Oh, the price--
you have to amortize a few plane tickets from London, and maybe a $100 hotel room, not to mention a pleasant meal or two with Damian. Even with all that, though, they are less per pair than EG MTO. Figure a list price of $630 at today's exchange rates for excellent calf, in a standard Oxford plus the extras. If you're willing to risk a little inconvenience and uncertainty (Maestro TJ speaks no English whatever, and turns 90 this week!), it's a pretty great bargain. I'd guess that once you get your last worked out, it should be quite simple to arrange ordering and shipping without flying East.
By comparison, BTW, Kielman's shop next door is about $300 more, but has a website, English-speaking staff, and enough infrastructure that you don't have to worry about any one person falling on the ice. We'll see if their shoes fit as well.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And here I am, wearing the new (1st-generation) shoes in my Warsaw hotel room. Wonderful quality, and an excellent fit-- even if that be improved a micro-meter next time. A bit more solid than the best English shoes, and maybe 1/4 inch longer than my Cleverleys, but still very comfortable and elegant. Excellent support. I'll take them for a spin over cobblestones when the rain finishes up later this week in England. First bet is that they will behave well. Only tangible complaint so far is that he (like Kielman) doesn't like the idea of metal toe taps. I suppose those can get added closer to home.

Oh, the price--
you have to amortize a few plane tickets from London, and maybe a $100 hotel room, not to mention a pleasant meal or two with Damian. Even with all that, though, they are less per pair than EG MTO. Figure a list price of $630 at today's exchange rates for excellent calf, in a standard Oxford plus the extras. If you're willing to risk a little inconvenience and uncertainty (Maestro TJ speaks no English whatever, and turns 90 this week!), it's a pretty great bargain. I'd guess that once you get your last worked out, it should be quite simple to arrange ordering and shipping without flying East.
By comparison, BTW, Kielman's shop next door is about $300 more, but has a website, English-speaking staff, and enough infrastructure that you don't have to worry about any one person falling on the ice. We'll see if their shoes fit as well.

photos??

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Concordia is there any update on the kielman shoes?
Am wondering whether I'd make a trip to Poland in during summer...
They're not bad, although the fit needs a little rearrangement. The quarters overlap a bit when laced up, and as a result I've chosen not to wear them much until I can take them back to the shop. Workmanship is not bad-- certainly very decent hand-made. Styling has a bit more of a Central European accent than I was expecting-- more in the funny-toe-shape mode than the clunky bathtub. If I lived in Warsaw, I'd have no problem ironing things out, as they've done lots of shoes I like the look of, and the fit issues are easily addressed. All told, however, TJ's pair is more elegant, and if I were to get a second pair from Warsaw it would be from him. With a translator, of course, and bundles of cash in lieu of wire transfers.

If I were to go anywhere else in Europe for high-value bespoke, I'd probably choose Vienna. Balint has closed-- having finally got my pattern right :( -- but Materna looks to be a worthwhile alternative. More expensive than Warsaw, but value isn't just price.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're not bad, although the fit needs a little rearrangement. The quarters overlap a bit when laced up, and as a result I've chosen not to wear them much until I can take them back to the shop. Workmanship is not bad-- certainly very decent hand-made. Styling has a bit more of a Central European accent than I was expecting-- more in the funny-toe-shape mode than the clunky bathtub. If I lived in Warsaw, I'd have no problem ironing things out, as they've done lots of shoes I like the look of, and the fit issues are easily addressed. All told, however, TJ's pair is more elegant, and if I were to get a second pair from Warsaw it would be from him. With a translator, of course, and bundles of cash in lieu of wire transfers.

If I were to go anywhere else in Europe for high-value bespoke, I'd probably choose Vienna. Balint has closed-- having finally got my pattern right :( -- but Materna looks to be a worthwhile alternative. More expensive than Warsaw, but value isn't just price.

Balint closed? I was just there 6 months ago and the son was doing well. why the closure?

phphl

Reaction score

I see what you mean with "funny toe shape". Had the same feeling when I look at some of the Kielman's pictures online... But the fact that TJ is really old kinda puts me off... Am really looking for a more sustainable option

Am currently considering Ramon Cuberta atm too, he seems to be a passionate maker at a relatively young age. Maybe you can consider him too!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't checked in with TJ recently, but will try to order a few pairs of oxford brogues this fall if he is still in business. Good quality, and with a tiny adjustment, the fit will be perfect.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Back in Warsaw (finally). Kielman is doing an overnight fix on theirs, which I have otherwise come to like very much. Shall drop into TJs tomorrow, and put in another order. He is into his 90s, so there won’t be too many more decades to shop there. A third, less-expensive place recommended by a SF poster, and will see how that goes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads