• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen time ?

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I continue to think that I must be on the Jantzen shitlist. I've ordered several times, starting in February of last year (about 3 or 4 orders since then) and have never seen a single shirt.
frown.gif

Have you ever called? It has always done wonders for me.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
Have you ever called? It has always done wonders for me.

Yeah, I called once. Somebody picked up and I said to them "Hello, can I please speak to Ricky." The guy then muttered something at me and hung up the phone.
frown.gif
I think they knew it was me.
tongue.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
It could be that Jersey thing. Maybe they watch the Sopranos...

meFIRST

Reaction score
Yeah he does - I'm on my second order of 1 shirt. (I'm trying to get the fit to be perfect) I think this one will do the trick. I ordered in early March. A few e-mails since, no response.

Have you found that he is responsive to large shirt orders (i.e 10 at a time?)

I would be happy to do 10 at a time, if I know they will fit percetly. I think it takes at least 2 single shirts to achieve that.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I dunno. From what I hear about this company they're rather unreliable and disorganized. I'm staying with my shirtmaker whose turnaround is one and a half weeks.
tongue.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I dunno. From what I hear about this company they're rather unreliable and disorganized. I'm staying with my shirtmaker whose turnaround is one and a half weeks.
tongue.gif

Yeah, but does your shirtmaker charge $43?

water

Reaction score
My latest Jantzen order was very disappointing.

I finally thought I had the measurements just about perfect; I have been ordering for a while and never been able to get things just right but felt pretty good that I was finally close. I made two very small changes (asked to have the armholes raised slightly and the very bottom of the shirts widened a tad). When I received the shirts it was like they were made for someone else. The stomach area was wider, the monograms were wrong, the double cuffs were way too flimsy, and the armholes were actually bigger rather than smaller as requested. Most troublesome was the collar. When I buttoned it to put on a tie there were all kinds of folds going from collar into the chest area that looked absolutely terrible. Basically, I cannot wear them with a tie.

All in all this is very frustrating. I am trying to decide if I should write Ricky about it, but he seems so busy I am not sure what his response will be. I am also trying to decide if this is going to be the Jantzen swan song for me or if I will try once more from scratch to get it right.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Monograms were wrong, as in wrong initials? If so there's a pretty good chance you got someone else's shirt by mistake. Definitely worth calling Ricky about it.

haresh

Reaction score
I live in Hong Kong and i was just curious whether any of you guys have tried other companies from here that do bespoke shirts and suits ?

water

Reaction score
The monogram error was "JMP" instead of "JMR". Since it was close to right and the four shirt materials were correct, I am pretty sure these are not someone else's shirts.

I am going to send an e-mail first to see what Ricky has to say. Calling is a pain for me due to the time difference.

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haresh
I live in Hong Kong and i was just curious whether any of you guys have tried other companies from here that do bespoke shirts and suits ?
WW Chan is regarded highly.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
i placed a 10 shirt order this morning and am very curious as to what the turnaround time wil be. i also sent him an email re-stating all the changes and modifications to my sizing - hopefully i will hear from him soon.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
$39-65 depending on the fabric and including shipping.

Who is the tailor? If you don't mind sharing. I placed my first order with Jantzen in the middle of April and am crossing my fingers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads